Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This must be very interesting. I have never played this game. I use to play with "kanche or goti" in my childhood with my brother.
This must be very interesting. I have never played this game. I use to play with "kanche or goti" in my childhood with my brother.

It means 'goli' in Malayalam. I think so. But it's usually played by boys. Right? something like caroms, striking one goli with other (using hands)

Meera sandhu

Devyani do you want to say it as imli seeds

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Kallankuzhi...also known as pallankuzhi is our most favourite game played using these seeds. How many of you have played this game?

We all have played it and it must be similar but the names would be different, wouldn't they? :) So if you say its called pallankuzhi, no one will understand, except for the Keralites of course!! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I got this wikipedia link..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pallanguzhi
it's somewhat similar to our indoor game.....just have a check and tell me if you too play such games.
Here, it's said, only 2 people can play. But we often play as a group of 4 or 5 or more

Meera sandhu
This is called home game and mostly ladies play it at home.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
This is called home game and mostly ladies play it at home.

do you know this game?
it's not a game for kids or ladies only. it can be played by anyone. we use these two seeds normally to fill those voids. Game rules also, a bit different. we play with 5 voids of 5 beads each. We can also use small stones as alternative.

Meera sandhu
I think In andhra Pradesh also there is a similar game which mostly played by ladies.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

it's somewhat similar to our indoor game.....just have a check and tell me if you too play such games.
Here, it's said, only 2 people can play. But we often play as a group of 4 or 5 or more

A similar game is played in our state. However, they do not use board but draw two rows of small circle on the ground and uses tamarind seeds or small small round stones for filling up those circles. Usually only two players play at a time. It is mostly played by children

A similar game is played in our state. However, they do not use board but draw two rows of small circle on the ground and uses tamarind seeds or small small round stones for filling up those circles. Usually only two players play at a time. It is mostly played by children

I remember this game Jabeen, we used to play with either tamarind seeds or with pieces of broken bangles.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.