Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I got this wikipedia link..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pallanguzhi
it's somewhat similar to our indoor game.....just have a check and tell me if you too play such games.
Here, it's said, only 2 people can play. But we often play as a group of 4 or 5 or more

A similar game is played in our state. However, they do not use board but draw two rows of small circle on the ground and uses tamarind seeds or small small round stones for filling up those circles. Usually only two players play at a time. It is mostly played by children

can you please tell me its rules? i want to know if it's similar to our Kallankuzhi......(circles drawn and 5 beads placed inside each one)

Meera sandhu
it's somewhat similar to our indoor game.....just have a check and tell me if you too play such games.
Here, it's said, only 2 people can play. But we often play as a group of 4 or 5 or more

A similar game is played in our state. However, they do not use board but draw two rows of small circle on the ground and uses tamarind seeds or small small round stones for filling up those circles. Usually only two players play at a time. It is mostly played by children

can you please tell me its rules? i want to know if it's similar to our Kallankuzhi......(circles drawn and 5 beads placed inside each one)

I don't know the exact rules as I have never played it. But I will give you some idea about how the children play it. There are about six circles in each rows and equal numbers of stones are placed in each circle before the start of the game. Then one player pick up stones from one circle and distribute it in other circles starting from the circle next to it. When he finish distributing those stones he again picks up the stone from the next circle if it is not empty and starts the same process. It is continued till he get one empty circle. After which the player gets all the stones from the circle next to the empty circle.

I remember this game Jabeen, we used to play with either tamarind seeds or with pieces of broken bangles.

I think tamarind seeds are most commonly used while playing such games. It seems to be used almost everywhere.

I don't know the exact rules as I have never played it. But I will give you some idea about how the children play it. There are about six circles in each rows and equal numbers of stones are placed in each circle before the start of the game. Then one player pick up stones from one circle and distribute it in other circles starting from the circle next to it. When he finish distributing those stones he again picks up the stone from the next circle if it is not empty and starts the same process. It is continued till he get one empty circle. After which the player gets all the stones from the circle next to the empty circle.

Exactly!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Exactly the same.....
Do you know the rule of 3 stones in a circle..?
also, each person should earn 25 stones to fill all his rows in the next game. Right?
Otherwise he will place some big stone in it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
If he has atleast 1 stone left....(a number not a multiple of 5), he can place along with that big stone. Whenever he plays, he drops one stone in that column too. But if stones finish just before that column, his game stops :blush:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.