The topic is locked.
we mostly observe the opposite sex youth sharing the bike sitting with cross legged. this tradition is unhealthy in our culture and tradition.
wise people can speak lot of disadvantages over this trend. life is not cinema. it is not modernization, we may be innocent in the beginning, it may lead to life disaster. i hope our community will understand my inner voice and give valuable views. i am not narrow minded. it is precautionary appeal.

served in iaf for 30 years on mig aircraft. blind believer of spiritual life, interested in exchange of healthy views besides learning from you all.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
By doing this nothing will be beneficial. Actually this a fault of system. Everybody has some duties, parents, society,etc.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: yuddandisivasubramanyam
yes, it is a collective responsibility. prevention is better than cure.

served in iaf for 30 years on mig aircraft. blind believer of spiritual life, interested in exchange of healthy views besides learning from you all.
I don't understand what is wrong in sitting crossed legged on a bike. You can sit only this way in a bike. How would you ride a horse. That would also be similar.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I don't understand what is wrong in sitting crossed legged on a bike. You can sit only this way in a bike. How would you ride a horse. That would also be similar.

Two things -
1. One doesn't often need to ride a horse.
2. There's a good option to sit on the bike with both legs on the same side, as we had seen over many years. Women are forgetting this good old style of sitting on the bike.
sir,
it is typing error. it is applicable to opposite sex youth.

am not sure, I have understood this thread or not.

Before marriage, I used to sit one sided in bike. After marriage, I got job in TVM city and I and my hubby used to go together everyday. But my sitting procedure makes him angry. He says, it's risky to ride through busy city. So, he asked me to sit on bike two-sided. But I was a shy girl and I denied his words. Then after months, he told my parents and they three together started my new procedure.
Now, if I see any lady on back seat with a baby in her lap, sitting one-sided I feel scared, particularly if it's city. Now I feel, two-sided sitting is best in our busy cities to avoid risk and dangers. Afterall, the person sitting behind is not wearing a helmet

Meera sandhu
Question is not to ride with cross leg or same sided, question is about safety and culture.

it is applicable to college youth who are not aware of consequences. couple of cases came to light. parents have permitted a boy and girl to go to college on same motor bicycle since they are cousins. but the relation ship went to wrong direction. this trend must be checked by elders.

Two things -
1. One doesn't often need to ride a horse.
2. There's a good option to sit on the bike with both legs on the same side, as we had seen over many years. Women are forgetting this good old style of sitting on the bike.

Horse is old thing but I just wanted to stress that sitting on bike is just like riding a horse as in olden times. So what is wrong in sitting with legs on both sides.
It is inconvenient for women in sari/skirt and men in Dhoti to sit with legs both side But with trousers/ jeans anyone can ride a bike with legs on both sides.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

it is applicable to college youth who are not aware of consequences. couple of cases came to light. parents have permitted a boy and girl to go to college on same motor bicycle since they are cousins. but the relation ship went to wrong direction. this trend must be checked by elders.

It may be exceptional but yes the parents should be careful.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.