With time and maturity our relationships too change with people around us, especially with our spouses and children too...The problem with many parents is that they fail to realise that the children have grown and become independent and need space , so instead of bad mouthing them with others and grumbling all the time , if they take the trouble to understand them things would be far better as far as their interaction and future relationship is concerned...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree. Some parents never believe that their children have grown up.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
The problem usually arises from the fact that most parents are very reluctant to let their children free and accept that they are no longer dependent on the parents. Usually this is a cause of major friction. This attitude is what drives the parents to keep interfering with their children's decisions and making it look like the children do not listen to them!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The problem usually arises from the fact that most parents are very reluctant to let their children free and accept that they are no longer dependent on the parents. Usually this is a cause of major friction. This attitude is what drives the parents to keep interfering with their children's decisions and making it look like the children do not listen to them!

You have rightly said that most of the parents find it difficult to accept that the children are no longer dependent on them. I think when the children start acting independent, parents feel that they are losing their importance, so keep on imposing their decisions on them. However, it affects not only the relation ship between the parents and their children but also that of children with other people around them. So, parents should definitely learn to give space to their children.

You have rightly said that most of the parents find it difficult to accept that the children are no longer dependent on them. I think when the children start acting independent, parents feel that they are losing their importance, so keep on imposing their decisions on them. However, it affects not only the relation ship between the parents and their children but also that of children with other people around them. So, parents should definitely learn to give space to their children.

True Jabeen! That is the major cause of friction, especially after the son is married. He wants to be independent and wants to do certain things and take decisions along with his wife,. not his mother and that sets fire to the relationship between the MIL and the DIL!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is the duty of parents to react with their children in different manner when they grow up.Instead of very strict they must be friendly with them and try to understand their children word.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Parents should change with the time as they cannot treat their kids like kids when they grow up. I have seen it in many families parents don't change themselves even their kids grow causing all sort of problems. In my case I remember when I was a kid my father used to impose things on me which I rarely find it he just give me advices which depends on me to follow or not and that's the way. :blink:

True Jabeen! That is the major cause of friction, especially after the son is married. He wants to be independent and wants to do certain things and take decisions along with his wife,. not his mother and that sets fire to the relationship between the MIL and the DIL!

I see some mothers being so possessive, not letting their sons leave town and go elsewhere for work even if it means better job opportunity ! They dont seem to realise that it can backfire on them at later date...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

With time and maturity our relationships too change with people around us, especially with our spouses and children too...The problem with many parents is that they fail to realise that the children have grown and become independent and need space , so instead of bad mouthing them with others and grumbling all the time , if they take the trouble to understand them things would be far better as far as their interaction and future relationship is concerned...

it reminds me of the famous quote by Abigail Van Buren.
“If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders.”
Wise parents know their children are growing and fast.

it reminds me of the famous quote by Abigail Van Buren.
“If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders.”
Wise parents know their children are growing and fast.

Very true, in fact we want them to grow independent and responsible as early as they could instead of clinging on....

Parents should try to change themselves with new generation. They must understand children's thinking.

Be positive
Thank you said by: deepak, usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.