In India we have the habit of consuming curds/yogurt/buttermilk/lassi along with our meals.So also in places like Turkey,Lebanon,Greece and other mediterenian countries where yogurt is a part of their main meals.The good news is that yogurt is very healthy and lowers high BP risk..
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/diet/Eating-yogurt-lowers-high-BP-risk/articleshow/16473567.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is a very useful information which should be shared to many people. The reason why I say this is hypertensive patients are increasing in number every day.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
In India we have the habit of consuming curds/yogurt/buttermilk/lassi along with our meals.So also in places like Turkey,Lebanon,Greece and other mediterenian countries where yogurt is a part of their main meals.The good news is that yogurt is very healthy and lowers high BP risk..
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/diet/Eating-yogurt-lowers-high-BP-risk/articleshow/16473567.cms

:) Yoga hurt and butter milk both are good for health. I like these too much. Yoga hurt is available every where easily but butter milk which is prepared in proper way is not available easily.
As it contains good bacteria, it also helps in preventing osteoporosis, improving gastrointestinal conditions and restrict vaginal infections.
This is a very useful information which should be shared to many people. The reason why I say this is hypertensive patients are increasing in number every day.

Life style is the main culprit in the increase and people also go in for a lot of unbalanced junk food these days since it is convenient.A little care in diet will definitely help and in India, we notice tht our meals are proportionately balanced if only we take some interest in making it so...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Life style is the main culprit in the increase and people also go in for a lot of unbalanced junk food these days since it is convenient.A little care in diet will definitely help and in India, we notice tht our meals are proportionately balanced if only we take some interest in making it so...

quote="nidhi" post=331339]As it contains good bacteria, it also helps in preventing osteoporosis, improving gastrointestinal conditions and restrict vaginal infections.[/quote]

Life has become modernized that people dont have control over their diet. If these sort of people consume yogurt in addition to their regular diet atleast they can reduce the risk of hypertension and osteoporosis as Nidhi has mentioned above.

Nidhi, I think you are talking about Lactobacillus. Is it?
Yoghurt with various flavours is a big rage in Europe and other countries and is now taking up in India as well. It is a healthy food with lots of calcium and good bacteria. Low fat yoghurts are good for keeping weight in control too.
YogurBerry.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
YogurBerry_2013-03-10.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yoghurt with various flavours is a big rage in Europe and other countries and is now taking up in India as well. It is a healthy food with lots of calcium and good bacteria. Low fat yoghurts are good for keeping weight in control too.

Yes fruit flavored yogurt are yummy! Now there is frozen yogurt which comes in many flavors tasting like ice cream but much more healthier and you can have any topping, either fresh fruits or nuts of your liking.I see it becoming a rage soon, already is here in Mangalore!

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10451]}

Usha the picture you have posted is so yummy and tempting! I think now all big malls are stocking up yoghurts in their refrigerators! I think with a little bit of imagination we can prepare more healthier versions at home rather than buying ones with preservatives!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yogurt is good but we need take care about combination. We must never take curd and milk simultaneously or at short gaps. Also no milk product should be taken with non veg food or wine.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Personally all of us in my family cannot do without yogurt for all meals and at any time of the day or night , with vegetables,fish or meat ! We have not had no adverse effects so far Touch Wood !!!! But according to Ayurveda there are a few dos and donts that need to be followed while consuming yogurt ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.