According to a survey People who frequently read narrative fiction scored higher on tests of both empathy (the ability to understand and identify with another person's feelings) and social acumen (the ability to make quick judgments of people and situations).

According to a study people who read narrative fiction often had improved social abilities, while for those who read non-fiction, the opposite holds true!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
According to a survey People who frequently read narrative fiction scored higher on tests of both empathy (the ability to understand and identify with another person's feelings) and social acumen (the ability to make quick judgments of people and situations).

According to a study people who read narrative fiction often had improved social abilities, while for those who read non-fiction, the opposite holds true!

That's a revelation. Yes, i agree with the findings of the study.
That's great, another reason to read all the more! :laugh: I think it must indeed be true because reading fiction does make one aware more about human emotions and feelings and thus help relate with others empathetically better than those who do not read.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes it is, We can actually see that children who read fiction are much more imaginative and have a probing mind...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu

Yes it is, We can actually see that children who read fiction are much more imaginative and have a probing mind...

Usha Ji, you have sent me in to nostalgia.After reading a fairy tale in my childhood , I used to gather some more children from the neighborhood and enact the story with my own additions. I never knew at that time, i have sown the seed of creativity, which after many years stood in good stead in my advertising career as a graphic designer.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
That's great, another reason to read all the more! :laugh: I think it must indeed be true because reading fiction does make one aware more about human emotions and feelings and thus help relate with others empathetically better than those who do not read.

I too feel so, the more you read the more you are interacting with the different characters who after all have been brought to life by the author based on his /herown experiences with people....

It has also been proved scientifically that children who read more stuff besides the school curriculum often score better than those who do not !

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.