I am not pointing fingers at anyone but I see many articles published here with grammatically wrong titles, this is something about which I had written earlier too ....Why don't the editors do something about it ? I have had several people who read articles here point this out to me and it is embarrassing .In the long run it is not healthy for the site since people tend to think it is an average mediocre site where grammatical structure is of no importance - the contents may be excellent but the title is what catches one's eye and it should be grammatically correct. All that needs to be done is for the editor to ask the person to correct the title and probably make suggestions if there is need....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I correct not only title but also articles for grammar. But it happens that editors are also aware of proficieny of certain authors and devote lesser time. I can safely assume that an article by Usha Manohar and some others is free from grammatical errors. Recently, I changed a title in an article as I felt that certain word was inappropriately twice used.

If you find any mistake in title, please highlight that in forum so that that could be corrected even at later stage.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar, rambabu
I correct not only title but also articles for grammar. But it happens that editors are also aware of prtoficieny of certain authors and devote lesser time. I can safely assume that an articlke by Usha Manohar and some others is free from grammatical errors. Recently, I changed a title in an article as I felt that certain word was inappropriately twice used.

If you find any mistake in title, please highlight that in forum so that that could be corrected even at later stage.

I know that none of us is perfect, we can only try and better ourselves but when the mistakes are glaring it becomes a little difficult to pretend as if they dont exist, will mail you with some article titles that I feel need to be corrected....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I correct not only title but also articles for grammar. But it happens that editors are also aware of prtoficieny of certain authors and devote lesser time. I can safely assume that an articlke by Usha Manohar and some others is free from grammatical errors. Recently, I changed a title in an article as I felt that certain word was inappropriately twice used.

Yes, it was my article, where you corrected the use of ' memories' that was used twice. Additionally, you mentioned specifically the reason for changing the title. I wanted to thank you. But there was no provision. A big " thank you."
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
When it is a typo mistake one can understand but when the structure itself is wrong it does not seem right ....There are bound to be some errors in sentence formation etc within the article which can be overlooked to a certain extent but the title of an article is very important..

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
When it is a typo mistake one can understand but when the structure itself is wrong it does not seem right ....There are bound to be some errors in sentence formation etc within the article which can be overlooked to a certain extent but the title of an article is very important..

Agreed. A good and attention drawing title is the essential ingredient in article writing. And this is the norm demanded by all good article writing sites.
This is a big mistake (that you have pointed out). Many a times I have seen members posting in forums, Q&A and other categories, with lots of mistakes. I think some editing is also required in these categories. Before finally posting the topic, we should once go through it.
This is a big mistake that you have pointed out. Many a times I have seen members posting in forums, Q&A and other categories, with lots of mistakes. I think some editing is also required in these categories. Before finally posting the topic, we should once go through it.

A mistake here and there in Forums is alright. But not in Article writing. In this connection i should admit that some editors helped me in correcting the headings of my articles.
This is a big mistake that you have pointed out. Many a times I have seen members posting in forums, Q&A and other categories, with lots of mistakes. I think some editing is also required in these categories. Before finally posting the topic, we should once go through it.

A mistake here and there in Forums is alright. But not in Article writing. In this connection i should admit that some editors helped me in correcting the headings of my articles.

Yes I agree with you. Like articles, the first thing visible on this site can be the other categories also. If they are not correct, many people won't feel interested in joining this site.

Yes I agree with you. Like articles, the first thing visible on this site can be the other categories also. If they are not correct, many people won't feel interested in joining this site.

But the thread is all about articles and specifically the headings of the articles.

But the thread is all about articles and specifically the headings of the articles.

Ok. Lets have a topic set by the Administrator. I think their will be less mistake in the titles of the articles.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.