Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is a big mistake that you have pointed out. Many a times I have seen members posting in forums, Q&A and other categories, with lots of mistakes. I think some editing is also required in these categories. Before finally posting the topic, we should once go through it.

A mistake here and there in Forums is alright. But not in Article writing. In this connection i should admit that some editors helped me in correcting the headings of my articles.

Yes I agree with you. Like articles, the first thing visible on this site can be the other categories also. If they are not correct, many people won't feel interested in joining this site.

But the thread is all about articles and specifically the headings of the articles.

Ok. Lets have a topic set by the Administrator. I think their will be less mistake in the titles of the articles.

Why administrator ? It's enough what we have now. That is article writing. It's more than enough to name the article appropriately without any grammatical mistakes. And let's not deviate from the contents of the thread.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
This is a big mistake that you have pointed out. Many a times I have seen members posting in forums, Q&A and other categories, with lots of mistakes. I think some editing is also required in these categories. Before finally posting the topic, we should once go through it.

A mistake here and there in Forums is alright. But not in Article writing. In this connection i should admit that some editors helped me in correcting the headings of my articles.

Yes I agree with you. Like articles, the first thing visible on this site can be the other categories also. If they are not correct, many people won't feel interested in joining this site.

But the thread is all about articles and specifically the headings of the articles.

Ok. Lets have a topic set by the Administrator. I think their will be less mistake in the titles of the articles.

Adminstrator is the one who finally clears the article but he relies on editors to edit the article ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am not pointing fingers at anyone but I see many articles published here with grammatically wrong titles, this is something about which I had written earlier too ....Why don't the editors do something about it ? I have had several people who read articles here point this out to me and it is embarrassing .In the long run it is not healthy for the site since people tend to think it is an average mediocre site where grammatical structure is of no importance - the contents may be excellent but the title is what catches one's eye and it should be grammatically correct. All that needs to be done is for the editor to ask the person to correct the title and probably make suggestions if there is need....

I completely agree! A grammatically flawless and appropriately titled article is a reader's delight. It also makes a great statement of the site itself! I hope our editors are quite conscious of their responsibilities in this regard.
Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar

Adminstrator is the one who finally clears the article but he relies on editors to edit the article ...

Editors will have to reject the article in order to change the title because an author may find it objectionable to change his desired title without his/her consent. But I would like to inform concerned members that a good penalty is always imposed on such articles having grammatical mistakes. There is a scale to determine such errors. I know there are more than one articles having such mistakes on 1st earning page, you can see them even today.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

More than 70% forum posts would be deleted if grammar comes into play.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Very true. Even English speaking people also commit grammatical mistakes. And I'm sure our editors give an allowance for this.

Editors will have to reject the article in order to change the title because an author may find it objectionable to change his desired title without his/her consent. But I would like to inform concerned members that a good penalty is always imposed on such articles having grammatical mistakes. There is a scale to determine such errors. I know there are more than one articles having such mistakes on 1st earning page, you can see them even today.

Taking everything into consideration, the editors can correct the structure of the title when it is glaringly incorrect, you cant simply overlook that...It does not reflect well on the site ! I am not talking about the contents of the article here which also need to be worked on but the title which is a simple matter for the editors to correct after pointing it out to the member concerned ...For a starter tthat is good enough and when you start doing that members will also take care of their grammar in the article body itself..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Spell checker and grammar checker both options must be available in titles also. I think this can be done.
Spell checker and grammar checker both options must be available in titles also. I think this can be done.

More than availability and usage of spellcheckers it is important that the authors be aware of what they are writing, and especially one needs to be careful about the title because the way it is structured is what brings a reader to click on it and read it. But it is normally seen that most authors hardly care about it!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

If posts as much as 70% is liable to be deleted, we have a very big problem here and the role and responsibilities of editors get weightier and they have to exercise due diligence, otherwise we have to ask ourselves as to what editors are here for??
Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.