Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am reminded of one of the article writing site which is no more there now. In 2008 it was a rage with Indians,Pakistanis and other Asians contributing nothing but trash, some of them were just 300 word article that made no sense at all but everyone got paid 1 dollar for articles with 300+ words and 2 dollars for 700 words+ . Good articles could be counted on finger tips although each day hundreds of articles were published.I was one of the editors and I was horrified at the state of affairs...But we all got paid handsomely because of the ad revenue I guess ! I used to warn the admin about the quality of the articles but he just wanted to make a fast buck and leave ,Finally the reputation of bad articles caught up and the site closed down without paying members or editors for more than 3 months ...
Here we have an excellent team of editors and also very good articles being written and published by members, all that we need to do is improve certain things to perform even better ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This is a big mistake that you have pointed out. Many a times I have seen members posting in forums, Q&A and other categories, with lots of mistakes. I think some editing is also required in these categories. Before finally posting the topic, we should once go through it.

A mistake here and there in Forums is alright. But not in Article writing. In this connection i should admit that some editors helped me in correcting the headings of my articles.

Yes I agree with you. Like articles, the first thing visible on this site can be the other categories also. If they are not correct, many people won't feel interested in joining this site.

More than 70% forum posts would be deleted if grammar comes into play.

If posts as much as 70% is liable to be deleted, we have a very big problem here and the role and responsibilities of editors get weightier and they have to exercise due diligence, otherwise we have to ask ourselves as to what editors are here for??

With due respect, I don't think there is any problem for editors here in forum section besides there is no rule that a forum post will be deleted based on its grammar, as long as it is in English, and this was only a response to a respected member who suggested that all form posts should be grammatically error free. As you might have seen, no forum topics are being locked unless absolutely out of context.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, mohan manohar
This is a big mistake that you have pointed out. Many a times I have seen members posting in forums, Q&A and other categories, with lots of mistakes. I think some editing is also required in these categories. Before finally posting the topic, we should once go through it.

A mistake here and there in Forums is alright. But not in Article writing. In this connection i should admit that some editors helped me in correcting the headings of my articles.

Yes I agree with you. Like articles, the first thing visible on this site can be the other categories also. If they are not correct, many people won't feel interested in joining this site.

If posts as much as 70% is liable to be deleted, we have a very big problem here and the role and responsibilities of editors get weightier and they have to exercise due diligence, otherwise we have to ask ourselves as to what editors are here for??

With due respect, I don't think there is any problem for editors here in forum section besides there is no rule that a forum post will be deleted based on its grammar, as long as it is in English, and this was only a response to a respected member who suggested that all form posts should be grammatically error free. As you might have seen, no forum topics are being locked unless absolutely out of context.

@Sunil

Let me begin with disowning any such statement which was attributed to me that I held that all the forum posts should be free from grammatical warts. Though that would have been an ideal situation. You mentioned the existing rule does not warrant any intervention on the part of editors in such cases. Obviously this liberal dispensation and its equally liberally interpretation needs a thorough review. If a law can be amended, a rule too can be changed for a good cause. Many of our members are learners including myself and all we are on a learning curve picking up so many things and a section of them might be to looking to improve their English by joining this site. They participate, express themselves in this language which at times unfortunately, suffer from grammatical infirmities and if those are taken care of that helps them tremendously in improving themselves in their respective domains in future. My suggestion should be seen in this broad light. Your serious concern is quite manifest here as you worked it out to be 70% which I find much on the higher side. Another point that needs stressing here is that I don't want all of us to be grammar perfect but what I come across is terrible. There are titles which betray ignorance of a very basic grammatical rule. For instance, a thread which is current, features an interrogative sentence starting with the verb 'do' but conveniently forgets to drop the letter 's' at the end of the main verb!

As Usha has already expressed herself very clearly on the substantive issue I would confine myself to making a request to our editors to remove at least the glaring mistakes in forum posts. Finally deletion of posts as a measure is farthest in my mind, rather I would prefer suitable edition so that the members can learn from their mistakes. Thanks!
I correct not only title but also articles for grammar. But it happens that editors are also aware of prtoficieny of certain authors and devote lesser time. I can safely assume that an articlke by Usha Manohar and some others is free from grammatical errors. Recently, I changed a title in an article as I felt that certain word was inappropriately twice used.

If you find any mistake in title, please highlight that in forum so that that could be corrected even at later stage.

I know that none of us is perfect, we can only try and better ourselves but when the mistakes are glaring it becomes a little difficult to pretend as if they dont exist, will mail you with some article titles that I feel need to be corrected....

Thank you. I have corrected the title in a few articles. However, it is not always possible to change after publication. An author may change any time but this will imply that his cash points are deducted and again given after re-edit. This will be inconvenient to many. Once I editted my article after publication ane lost the cash which was restored after edit of resubmitted article. An editor cannot normally edit an article after publication. There are a number of editors and there is also subsequent and final edit by Chief editor, namely Maverick.
But I suggest that whatever you feel about article, write as comment below that. This will help the authors and editors both.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
This is a big mistake (that you have pointed out). Many a times I have seen members posting in forums, Q&A and other categories, with lots of mistakes. I think some editing is also required in these categories. Before finally posting the topic, we should once go through it.

It is not feasible to pre- edit the posts. This will unnecessary delay uninterupted flow of exvchange of views. But the posters themselves and the editors can edit the posts when they find any grammatical mistakes. In fact, I have a number of times corrected such mistakes in many posts- others' as well as mine.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51, chinmoymukherjee

@Sunil

Let me begin with disowning any such statement which was attributed to me that I held that all the forum posts should be free from grammatical warts. Though that would have been an ideal situation. You mentioned the existing rule does not warrant any intervention on the part of editors in such cases. Obviously this liberal dispensation and its equally liberally interpretation needs a thorough review. If a law can be amended, a rule too can be changed for a good cause. Many of our members are learners including myself and all we are on a learning curve picking up so many things and a section of them might be to looking to improve their English by joining this site. They participate, express themselves in this language which at times unfortunately, suffer from grammatical infirmities and if those are taken care of that helps them tremendously in improving themselves in their respective domains in future. My suggestion should be seen in this broad light. Your serious concern is quite manifest here as you worked it out to be 70% which I find much on the higher side. Another point that needs stressing here is that I don't want all of us to be grammar perfect but what I come across is terrible. There are titles which betray ignorance of a very basic grammatical rule. For instance, a thread which is current, features an interrogative sentence starting with the verb 'do' but conveniently forgets to drop the letter 's' at the end of the main verb!

As Usha has already expressed herself very clearly on the substantive issue I would confine myself to making a request to our editors to remove at least the glaring mistakes in forum posts. Finally deletion of posts as a measure is farthest in my mind, rather I would prefer suitable edition so that the members can learn from their mistakes. Thanks!

No, it certainly was not based on your post but if you only read few more posts, you'll know what I mean. Maybe 70% was a bit more than what it should be so i am ready to take 10 more out and put it at 60% including mine. I hope this should come to your expectations. As far deletion is concerned, trust me there is no rule as such and once again editors have no role in the matter whatsoever. As far my own posts, go and see, I have almost all posts edited and yet not satisfied. Thanks for your knowledgeable input. I wish you were more active in forums to reduce the percentage of errors.

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
I correct not only title but also articles for grammar. But it happens that editors are also aware of prtoficieny of certain authors and devote lesser time. I can safely assume that an articlke by Usha Manohar and some others is free from grammatical errors. Recently, I changed a title in an article as I felt that certain word was inappropriately twice used.

If you find any mistake in title, please highlight that in forum so that that could be corrected even at later stage.

I know that none of us is perfect, we can only try and better ourselves but when the mistakes are glaring it becomes a little difficult to pretend as if they dont exist, will mail you with some article titles that I feel need to be corrected....

Thank you. I have corrected the title in a few articles. However, it is not always possible to change after publication. An author may change any time but this will imply that his cash points are deducted and again given after re-edit. This will be inconvenient to many. Once I editted my article after publication ane lost the cash which was restored after edit of resubmitted article. An editor cannot normally edit an article after publication. There are a number of editors and there is also subsequent and final edit by Chief editor, namely Maverick.
But I suggest that whatever you feel about article, write as comment below that. This will help the authors and editors both.

I can still see a few articles even on first earning page with' those' errors, I think the best strategy is to send a PM to admin, so that a correction is done without any technical problem.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

@Sunil

Yes Chinmoy. I have seen this heading of the article that dropped 's'. Earlier you pointed out such mistakes in these forums to the thread starter. Some heeded and corrected the mistake.
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

I understand that there are practical difficulties involved in editig an already eduted and published article and I welcome your suggestion about commenting on the article page itself as long as it is taken in the right spirit by the members, from my side I would definitely do so....However, I guess in the future editors would take care of the titles...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This is a big mistake (that you have pointed out). Many a times I have seen members posting in forums, Q&A and other categories, with lots of mistakes. I think some editing is also required in these categories. Before finally posting the topic, we should once go through it.

It is not feasible to pre- edit the posts. This will unnecessary delay uninterupted flow of exvchange of views. But the posters themselves and the editors can edit the posts when they find any grammatical mistakes. In fact, I have a number of times corrected such mistakes in many posts- others' as well as mine.

That's precisely what I love to have - a proactive role on the part of editors. I am perfectly aware of some of the constraints that our competent editors face as they are otherwise preoccupied with their main jobs, yet they take a lot of pains as editors.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.