We hear people and especially our netas lecturing and giving speeches about Nationalism, patriotism blah blah on national days while taking part in the flag hoisting ceremony !!!! and go on to loot the country without feeling any guilt..
On the other hand we have people who hate anything west and whether it is right or wrong, staunchly defend the country ! What is your idea of being a patriot or a Nationalist ?

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10908]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Be Honest , no bribes, follow traffic rules and do your work properly for me is being a patriot. :)

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Be Honest , no bribes, follow traffic rules and do your work properly for me is being a patriot. :)

I agree ! Like you say being a responsible citizen is more than enough to call ourselves a patriot instead of giving tall speeches :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Puneet Chhabra
Thanks a lot Usha. Tall speeches are not going to change anything if not followed themselves.

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Nationalism depends on how you define nation. For me nationalism as well as patriotism means treating all people in India as a one big family. This is exactly in spirit of 'vasudev Kutumbum'. Vasudev Kutumukum- means that the entire world is one family. But at least, we should treat all Indians as one family. Communalism, castism, regionalism are opposed to spirit of nationalism and patriotism.

For many nationalism is 'Hindu nationalism' etc. This is no nationalism and patriotism.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: jabeen, usha manohar
It is not only the politicians who are looting the country. There are many other people who are cheating the government and the general public. This story has begun with the beginning of the civilization. It was the Kings and the Zamindars who have looted Indians in past. At present, bureaucrats, businessmen and politicians are looting the country. This is much away from patriotism.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
For me Nationalism is being loyal to my Nation without being Chauvinistic . As an example, I hold Lalgudi Jayaraman in high esteem. Iit doesn't I deny the greatness of Yehudi Menuhin.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, usha manohar
When a person sacrifices everything even his life for the sake of the country, it is called patriotism. A true patriot will think about the safety and protection of his countrymen first. The soldiers who die fighting in the battle fields are therefore remembered for his bravery forever. Such brave soldiers are honoured by the Kings and Emperors as Knights. The modern India honour them as Patriots and the India before freedom honour them as Freedom Fighters.
Such people can never be selfish or greedy. They live fore the country and die for the country.
When a person sacrifices everything even his life for the sake of the country, it is called patriotism. A true patriot will think about the safety and protection of his countrymen first. The soldiers who die fighting in the battle fields are therefore remembered for his bravery forever. Such brave soldiers are honoured by the Kings and Emperors as Knights. The modern India honour them as Patriots and the India before freedom honour them as Freedom Fighters.
Such people can never be selfish or greedy. They live fore the country and die for the country.

Patriotism by all means is good. Blind patriotism is chauvinism like Hitler is dangerous. Such Chauvinists will be erased from History.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Patriotism by all means is good. Blind patriotism is chauvinism like Hitler is dangerous. Such Chauvinists will be erased from History.

You are right. Such people have existed many years back in the History. Many kings in India have force people to follow one religion and caste. They have killed and destroyed many temples and monks. They were overthrown by the best, who understands humanity.
Hence will be clash between the two.

You are right. Such people have existed many years back in the History. Many kings in India have force people to follow one religion and caste. They have killed and destroyed many temples and monks. They were overthrown by the best, who understands humanity.
Hence will be clash between the two.

Not only Kings and Monarchs, in modern times too there were Chauvinists like Stalin, Mussolini, Idi Amin to name a few .
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.