Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
To me Nationalism is to: pay respect to your country... contribute in every possible aspect for its development and growth... and be honest to the nation!!!

At the same time,nationalism should respect and tolerate others' views in respect to religion .the strong feeling, " my view is the only view" should be erased from the mind in order to be called as a Nationalist.

"My view is the only view" - That has nothing to do with any ISM. That is egoism that divides everything in between "Me and rest of the world" Unless we learn to respect others' point of view, Nationalism is hard to achieve. ME has no place in a Nationalist.

Thatz right!!! But sometimes we become victims of our own egos.... a fact that we all know quite well.
To me Nationalism is to: pay respect to your country... contribute in every possible aspect for its development and growth... and be honest to the nation!!!

At the same time,nationalism should respect and tolerate others' views in respect to religion .the strong feeling, " my view is the only view" should be erased from the mind in order to be called as a Nationalist.

"My view is the only view" - That has nothing to do with any ISM. That is egoism that divides everything in between "Me and rest of the world" Unless we learn to respect others' point of view, Nationalism is hard to achieve. ME has no place in a Nationalist.

Thatz right!!! But sometimes we become victims of our own egos.... a fact that we all know quite well.

The moment you fall to the diktats of your egoism, you are a chauvinist, which is a blind belief. Dictators, who fell by the wayside belong to this category. What you need is loyalty without being Chauvinistic.

That is a human failing that is there in all of us in different degrees.But when politicians have too much power in their hands they forget everything else except their own importance and power over others. They become more of a menance than help the nation..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Nationalism means having to do with a nation, and is like patriotism and loyalty to one's country.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Nationalism means having to do with a nation, and is like patriotism and loyalty to one's country.

Well, you are giving a defnition which all of us know, what about your own idea of nationalism and how do YOU define nationalism ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We hear people and especially our netas lecturing and giving speeches about Nationalism, patriotism blah blah on national days while taking part in the flag hoisting ceremony !!!! and go on to loot the country without feeling any guilt..
On the other hand we have people who hate anything west and whether it is right or wrong, staunchly defend the country ! What is your idea of being a patriot or a Nationalist ?

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10908]}

For me true Nationalism would be people off all states living in harmony and oneness with each other without regionalism, communalism and other such negative things that hamper integration of the country. Unfortunately we are still to reach that state.

Mala Jaiswar
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Friends I have seen many people holding our national flag and walking miles on the streets. Are they patriots? What about the people who don't hold the flag and walk miles on the streets? When the situation comes, they never move back to sacrifice their life for the country. National flag is our soul but very few people knows the true meaning of the flag.
Friends I have seen many people holding our national flag and walking miles on the streets. Are they patriots? What about the people who don't hold the flag and walk miles on the streets? When the situation comes, they never move back to sacrifice their life for the country. National flag is our soul but very few people knows the true meaning of the flag.

Holding flags and shouting "Bharat Maata Ki Jai " will not make anybody a patriot.
Carrying a flag and shouting Bharat mata ki Jai does not make anyone more patriotic or nationalist. That is all a routine job now limited to 15 August and 26 January and that too by very few people. A true nationalist does not have to shout his feelings on the road but it shows in his work. Most people talking of nation and morals often try to hide their own weakness in such matters.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Carrying a flag and shouting Bharat mata ki Jai does not make anyone more patriotic or nationalist. That is all a routine job now limited to 15 August and 26 January and that too by very few people. A true nationalist does not have to shout his feelings on the road but it shows in his work. Most people talking of nation and morals often try to hide their own weakness in such matters.

I uphold your views. It's not the exhibitionism that counts. Shouting ear splitting slogans, holding aloft tricolor can be done by a hired hands who are dime a dozen. It's one's work that goes for the society's work is the one that come s in to account.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.