Salads were earlier made with haste - a few cucumber ,tomato and onions chopped and mixed together and may be some carror gratings and fresh yogurt...But now with people becoming more conscious of health and fitness Salad has taken the pride of place on dinner table.Nowadays , we see a salad bar artisticall arranged with every conceivable ingredient in most buffet meals at hotels and wedding feasts...

http://www.jsonline.com/features/food/arranged-ingredients-add-artistic-appeal-to-salads-ic9g0e8-202798201.html

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10927]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Salads were earlier made with haste - a few cucumber ,tomato and onions chopped and mixed together and may be some carror gratings and fresh yogurt...But now with people becoming more conscious of health and fitness Salad has taken the pride of place on dinner table.Nowadays , we see a salad bar artisticall arranged with every conceivable ingredient in most buffet meals at hotels and wedding feasts...

http://www.jsonline.com/features/food/arranged-ingredients-add-artistic-appeal-to-salads-ic9g0e8-202798201.html

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10927]}

Dressing plays a vital role in making the mouths watered.. And the visual you presented really yummy. A feast to both eyes and palate.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Dressing plays a vital role in making the mouths watered.. And the visual you presented really yummy. A feast to both eyes and pallette.

I agree, these days salads can be had as the main meal instead of as a side dish...The combinations of fruits,nuts,vegetables ,pasta etc is really mouth watering ,balanced and very filling too without adding on too many calories !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Dressing plays a vital role in making the mouths watered.. And the visual you presented really yummy. A feast to both eyes and pallette.

I agree, these days salads can be had as the main meal instead of as a side dish...The combinations of fruits,nuts,vegetables ,pasta etc is really mouth watering ,balanced and very filling too without adding on too many calories !

In fact, that's my practice. Mostly during night time, I prefer a well made dish of greens instead of my supper.
Wow! That's a very beautiful and lovely visual of a delicious spread! It is true that presentation of food was not given much importance, but now with increasing consciousness of diet and health and also the availability of a variety of exotic foods, fruits, vegetables and other ingredients etc. salad making and especially, a variety of salad dressings are quite in vogue!

I personally make a version of coleslaw with capsicum, carrot juliennes added to cabbage and then sometimes I also add pomegranates, chopped apples, figs and grapes to it. It is very delicious and excellent side with pasta. Also added fruits and vegetables reduce the calorie content of mayonnaise!
seasonal_mixed_greens.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Wow... This is a really mouthwatering, wonderful and healthy salad.
This is wonderful use of different ingredients.

Be positive
Wow! That's a very beautiful and lovely visual of a delicious spread! It is true that presentation of food was not given much importance, but now with increasing consciousness of diet and health and also the availability of a variety of exotic foods, fruits, vegetables and other ingredients etc. salad making and especially, a variety of salad dressings are quite in vogue!

I personally make a version of coleslaw with capsicum, carrot juliennes added to cabbage and then sometimes I also add pomegranates, chopped apples, figs and grapes to it. It is very delicious and excellent side with pasta. Also added fruits and vegetables reduce the calorie content of mayonnaise!

I too like Coleslaw and capsicums are great with sprouts,lettuce and pasta...I too add just about everything - nuts, salt biscuits,peanuts ,papad ,sev and bread croutons just so that there is more variety. Thankfully my children love salads and no matter how much I make it vanishes within minutes :cheer:

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10928]}
VBegetable-cuttings.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

Its the ingenuity of the person that comes to the fore.Irrespective of the field an artistic mind can create wonders with anything and everything.
Here is an example of a Chefs creativity, who plays with vegetables.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10929]}

I too like Coleslaw and capsicums are great with sprouts,lettuce and pasta...I too add just about everything - nuts, salt biscuits,peanuts ,papad ,sev and bread croutons just so that there is more variety. Thankfully my children love salads and no matter how much I make it vanishes within minutes :cheer:

Salads with a little bit of mayonnaise makes it delightfully tasty and we can add whatever we like to it, it still tastes good! I also like to make coleslaw sandwich, very very easy and quick and equally tasty! And my son also likes it a lot!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Salads with a little bit of mayonnaise makes it delightfully tasty and we can add whatever we like to it, it still tastes good! I also like to make coleslaw sandwich, very very easy and quick and equally tasty! And my son also likes it a lot!

We can make dressing like Mayonaiseat home and using yogurt and olive oil dressing makes salads very tasty. ..You can even make salad rolls with Rotis but have to eat it fresh , otherwise it becomes soggy ! I even mix salad with rice and make a meal of it when I am alone and feel lazy to cook..

Dark colored veggies themselves make an artistic looking salad.if one can add a bit of dressing, it creates that yummy feeling. Of course dark colored veggies and leafy veggies are equally nutritious.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.