In connection with the completion of 50 years of the famous patriotic song.’Aye Mare Watan Ke Logon’, the nightingale was felicitated by Narendra Modi in Mumbai.
This news item has renewed my old memories connected with this song which moved then Prime Minister Pt Jawaharlal Nehru to tears.
The song starts with a Naal Beat ( a percussion rhythm instrument like Dholak) and immediately Lata’s lines , ‘Aye Mere Watan Ke Logon’ follow.This was decided by the maestro C.Ramchandra.
On the stage unfortunately the Naal player forgot to start the Naal Piece. The big gathering was waiting to hear Lata’s voice.
Lata was waiting for that predecided Naal intro so that she can start. Lata immediately recognized that the naal player has forgotten his piece. For a moment there was an unnatural gap on the stage.
Lata who knew further delay will cause commotion in the huge audience.
Without waiting further Lata started ‘Aye Mere Watan Ke Logon’ to the relief of C,Ramchandra, and the vast gathering.

That’s stage presence. Who can know better than this legend about Stage Presence.
Koi Sikh Koi Jaath Maratha
Koi Gurkha Koi Madrasi
Sarhad Pe MarneWala
Har Veeer Hai Bharat Vaasi
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The song is so emotionally gripping that after so many years it still brings tears in our eyes. No words of praise could do justice to this living legend.
The song is so emotionally gripping that after so many years it still brings tears in our eyes. No words of praise could do justice to this living legend.

The fact that it survived half a century speaks volumes about its greatness unlike today's songs which cannot stay even for a week.
You cannot compare today's songs with the evergreen songs of the Golden Era. There is magic in their melody.
Those were the days when patriotism was at its peak, having got independance just a few years ago after a long struggle and people were committed, so the song was special in every way ...Today, with the kind of chaos and shallowness seen around us , I doubt if it would invoke the same response nationwide ! There will be many of us who wll be moved but the number I am sure will keep decreasing since patriotism has also become corrupted ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Those were the days when patriotism was at its peak, having got independance just a few years ago after a long struggle and people were committed, so the song was special in every way ...Today, with the kind of chaos and shallowness seen around us , I doubt if it would invoke the same response nationwide ! There will be many of us who wll be moved but the number I am sure will keep decreasing since patriotism has also become corrupted ..

In the commemorative function recently held to mark the completion of 50 years of this song, the same response was seen. The reason behind the longevity of a song is not only commitment, but also content. Such songs with content are not seen amidst the cacophony of today which is nothing but "Din."

In the commemorative function recently held to mark the completion of 50 years of this song, the same response was seen. The reason behind the longevity of a song is not only commitment, but also content. Such songs with content are not seen amidst the cacophony of today which is nothing but "Din."

I read about this function mainly because Congress created enough noise probably out of frustration that Lata was seen with Narendra Modi, would they do that if she was seen with rahul Gandhi or Sonia Gandhi or any of the Congress leaders?
Coming back to the song, it was a labor of love ,dedication and patriotism . .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I read about this function mainly because Congress created enough noise probably out of frustration that Lata was seen with Narendra Modi, would they do that if she was seen with rahul Gandhi or Sonia Gandhi or any of the Congress leaders?
Coming back to the song, it was a labor of love ,dedication and patriotism . .

True. These melodies became immortal due to single minded commitment of all those connected , to present the society A thing of joy that lives in the society forever. These noises created by Congress during the function can never reduce the glitz and glam even an iota. Of this gem of a song.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.