Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

My father and two of my  uncles knew cooking and used to cook for themselves when they were away from home. My father had taught many recipes to my mother and even taught how too prepare cake to my sister. Ours was a big family and there was a cook too so there was no such need for them to cook at home. My husband knows nothing other than tea making but my nephews, my sibling's sons, cook too well. Whenever they cook it becomes a celebration for the family.   

shampasaid

Personally speaking I love planning menus , shopping and cooking. Earlier I used to hate the cleaning up but now I enjoy doing that too...it is very satisfying to cook something nice and get your kitchen spic and span before leaving home !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am neither fond of cooking nor love to do regular dusting and all. Well, I have no option but as the lady of the house I need to take care of every bit of the household. Naturally, I have to cook and then I completely concentrate in it. I never like elaborate cooking so I go for the recipes that taste good but not very time consuming. One thing is a must and that is thorough cleaning of the kitchen so that next day I don't get hesitant in stepping into my own kitchen.

shampasaid

In my neighborhood there is a young working couple who are both professionals and very busy. Since they have no children the task of home  management is much easier. But I am amazed to see the level of understanding n the man since he automatically takes on tasks . Infact I find him a better cook and he takes care of everything. He has a little herb garden on their balcony and other variety of plants which is totally looked after and cared by him a.Sher from what I see hardly does anything much in the house, and it is a total role reversal..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I don't do much cooking as I don't get time for it. But if I do cook, I have a habit of experimenting with food and trying out new new dishes. And I like to clean the work areas as I cook along.

jabeen wrote:

I don't do much cooking as I don't get time for it. But if I do cook, I have a habit of experimenting with food and trying out new new dishes. And I like to clean the work areas as I cook along.

It is the same with me since I keep trying out new recipes and new combination s of spices ..an untidy kitchen can really put you off besides inviting insects, cockroaches and rats ...

Fortunately, yesterday, my daughter came from Bangalore. She prepared a non veg dish. My son in law is quite a good cook. I and my wife are trying to prepare this dish

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

It is the same with me since I keep trying out new recipes and new combination s of spices ..an untidy kitchen can really put you off besides inviting insects, cockroaches and rats ...

One becomes better cook by trying out new recipes and modifying it as needed. One of my former colleague used to be amaze at the way I try out new recipes. She herself prefer to go for only what she has already cooked earlier and says that she don't want to take the risk of trying anything new.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.