Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Cooking is not my forte... I have an aunty at home who cooks awesome food, so even if try to cook something it will never be anywhere near what she makes.. So for the sake for my family i more often than not refrain from cooking.

My family prefers non veg food more..  a few things that I make which i feel are edible would be chilly chicken, kebab, cutlets, kadi, kofta. my son loves them. And i love to see his happiness when he enjoys eating something that i make. It is the one reason which makes me feel i should visit the kitchen more often.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Cooking is an Art. It is not everybody's Cup of tea. As far as I'm concerned I avoid eating out because I'm not used to it.On some unavoidable situations like during my wife's sickness, I'am forced to go in to the Kitchen. But my cooking expertise is limited to simple items.

Divya wrote:

Cooking is not my forte... I have an aunty at home who cooks awesome food, so even if try to cook something it will never be anywhere near what she makes.. So for the sake for my family i more often than not refrain from cooking.

My family prefers non veg food more..  a few things that I make which i feel are edible would be chilly chicken, kebab, cutlets, kadi, kofta. my son loves them. And i love to see his happiness when he enjoys eating something that i make. It is the one reason which makes me feel i should visit the kitchen more often.

My husband and daughters love non-veg while I am preferably vegetarian or fishitarian. I tried non veg after my marriage but developed taste buds only for fish. My husband is known for his non veg culinary skills. In our family we have a contract for cooking non veg. We have non veg for wednesday and sunday lunch. These two days, my husband is at home. If the contract is with him, he cooks. My daughters are the judge to rate us on a scale of 5. If you score less than 3, your contract is cancelled and given to your spouse. We get points for how well we cook. So far, for last three years I am owning the contract of fish curry and chicken biryani and have not let it slip off, while my husband holds it for mutton curry, chicken curry, chilly chicken and tandoor or barbeque chicken. SO cooking is like a fun. Off late, my elder one has shown her eagerness to join us for this race of contract as she is now well equipped to serve a decent chicken biryani. 

It is an honur to get your lost contract back

And the fun is when my younger one gives us suggestions and remarks like those of professional Master chefs. Cooking is fun with all the foodies around in my family.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
Divya wrote:

My husband and daughters love non-veg while I am preferably vegetarian or fishitarian. I tried non veg after my marriage but developed taste buds only for fish. My husband is known for his non veg culinary skills. In our family we have a contract for cooking non veg. We have non veg for wednesday and sunday lunch. These two days, my husband is at home. If the contract is with him, he cooks. My daughters are the judge to rate us on a scale of 5. If you score less than 3, your contract is cancelled and given to your spouse. We get points for how well we cook. So far, for last three years I am owning the contract of fish curry and chicken biryani and have not let it slip off, while my husband holds it for mutton curry, chicken curry, chilly chicken and tandoor or barbeque chicken. SO cooking is like a fun. Off late, my elder one has shown her eagerness to join us for this race of contract as she is now well equipped to serve a decent chicken biryani. 

It is an honur to get your lost contract back

And the fun is when my younger one gives us suggestions and remarks like those of professional Master chefs. Cooking is fun with all the foodies around in my family.

Looks like real fun. I would love to be part of the judging panel :P

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

I like eating. My wife is a good cook. At times, we together go out  for eating to a Andhra Hotel. But we never relished the Restaurant food. We together got used to Home cooked food.

Before  this was said "  way to man's heart is through  his stomach " but now a days men themself are good cooks. 

http://beautytipsforflawlessskin.blogspot.com/

Food is one of the most important factors in life and to be able to prepare it makes you self sufficient, so there is no question of gender differences..in most India households even today men rwfuse to enter kitchen while making demands on their wives to cook what they like and it is an accepted practice like all other age old practices where the wife is perpetually tied to the house, kitchenen and her duty towards the household. While personally I enjoy cooking for my family , it shd not be forced on any woman as her duty to remain glued to her kitchen.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Many years ago, I expressed my desire to cook to my wife.. Then I started my cooking as an apprentice under the guidance of my wife.One day hot groundnut oil spurted and my hands were burnt. I was rushed to the Hospital. After this kitchen accident, I was never allowed in to kitchen. My desire to learn cooking remained unfulfilled.

I like cooking and also like to try new one. I can prepared soups and sandwitchs. In need I can also cook vegetables.

That's really Great . To know Cooking  I tried my best, but could not learn. I envy  you.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.