Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

I have heard many women say that cooking is not something that they are very fond of because of all the additional chores it involves. But again for some it is a relaxation. I have a friend who at times sits up late and cooks some special dishes when her family is asleep, feels it relaxes her. 

I hate that additional chore especially cleaning afterwards. And though my family loves to join or help during cooking, I am left alone to clean. Only my younger one comes to help sometimes.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Most of the people find woman cooking in their houses but the fact is that man are the best chef in the world than woman.

sdfafa

Babu saroj wrote:

Most of the people find woman cooking in their houses but the fact is that man are the best chef in the world than woman.

One cannot generalise because women had not taken cooking as a profession during earlier times because that was something they did day in and day out all their lives and the filed was open for men. It is only now that you see women taking it up as a profession.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Babu saroj wrote:

Chefs are useful in hotels not at houses. To make delicious dishes one important Ingredient is love, only mother hand have it.

Surely "love" is an important ingredient. Even when I am not in a mood or too tired, the way my daughters demand for their favorite dishes fuels me up to enter the kitchen. And when you cook for that special person with full love and dedication, the food turns out scrumptious. I think that's what happens during festival celebrations when with full love and dedication we make prasadam as offerings for God. My modak tastes best on Ganpati. On other days it does not turn out that good.

I too feel that cooking a special dish for our family or close friends is in itself a relaxation. even daily cooking can be made more interesting by planning the menu the previous day instead of putting together at the last minute or run out of ingredients at the last minute. It is also good to try out different foods and go out for a meal that is different to what you cook  every day..I love all kinds of food and so does my family who can be very adventurous where food is concerned.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Not only for family members, food cooked for  some one who he or she likes, will be relished more .

usha manohar wrote:

I too feel that cooking a special dish for our family or close friends is in itself a relaxation. even daily cooking can be made more interesting by planning the menu the previous day instead of putting together at the last minute or run out of ingredients at the last minute. It is also good to try out different foods and go out for a meal that is different to what you cook  every day..I love all kinds of food and so does my family who can be very adventurous where food is concerned.

I have a weekly menu decided and put on my refrigerator. This helps me reduce the morning stress and rush when you run around packing dabbas and have to rush to work. We make a weekly menu on Saturday morning with inputs from all family members and then do the necessary grocery shopping accordingly. We try to stick to it to a great extent except for the unexpected situations like some guests or someone falling sick.  Sometimes some team lunch or some birthday treat in my daughter's school brings about a little change from the plan.

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I have a weekly menu decided and put on my refrigerator. This helps me reduce the morning stress and rush when you run around packing dabbas and have to rush to work. We make a weekly menu on Saturday morning with inputs from all family members and then do the necessary grocery shopping accordingly. We try to stick to it to a great extent except for the unexpected situations like some guests or someone falling sick.  Sometimes some team lunch or some birthday treat in my daughter's school brings about a little change from the plan.

I have a fixed menu for lunch as it is decided by the menu given by my son's school. To ensure that children get to eat foods from all kinds of food groups the school has given us a menu for the tiffin and that is what I prepare for lunch every day. But dinner is not really planned and cooked by what my son or husband fancies, but I ensure that it is a satisfying meal and covers all nutritional needs. I love cooking and especially cooking for festivals and birthdays is something that I really enjoy. Also my husband helps me clean up afterwards so I can relax afterwards. That makes me look forward to cooking special meals often.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I have a fixed menu for lunch as it is decided by the menu given by my son's school. To ensure that children get to eat foods from all kinds of food groups the school has given us a menu for the tiffin and that is what I prepare for lunch every day. But dinner is not really planned and cooked by what my son or husband fancies, but I ensure that it is a satisfying meal and covers all nutritional needs. I love cooking and especially cooking for festivals and birthdays is something that I really enjoy. Also my husband helps me clean up afterwards so I can relax afterwards. That makes me look forward to cooking special meals often.

That is good system they have in your son's school. It makes things easier for the mother besides making sure tjat the children are eating healthy food.

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.