Most people confuse argument with discussion ...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11091]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree. An argument generally leans towards showing One Upmanship. On the other hand discussions are arriving at a fact through exchange of views.
If argument comes from an experienced person who have sound knowledge in that line then we can consider the argument is right. If lot of people makes discussion and takes the decision and considering the argument then the final result will be very fine.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Very true..but often discussions take the shape of arguments if we happen to disagree with certain things.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Very true..but often discussions take the shape of arguments if we happen to disagree with certain things.

If discussions take the shape of arguments, it's a wrong trend.
Yes I totally agree with it. Discussion paves the way to new ideas and solutions through exchange of ideas. Ideas coming from different people might always not be right. Arguments should always be avoided as it may sometime take a negative turn.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Yup, it is indeed wrong. But in a discussion people are more open to accepting things and are ready to mull over it whereas in an argument people only try to win over each other.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yup, it is indeed wrong. But in a discussion people are more open to accepting things and are ready to mull over it whereas in an argument people only try to win over each other.

As if argument is a competition. For such people Debating is the right platform. Argument should have content. Arguing for arguing plays a spoil sport in Arguments.
Argument is essential compnent of any meaningful discussion. There are always alternative and even oppoite altrnative courses of action and review. If you take a particular stand, you can't escape giving arguments for your stand. Debate is a competition with a topic For and against. But you cannot avoid arguments in any discussion. However what is significant is that arguments need be genuine and not for opposing somebody or some view blindly.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51, Mousumi Ghosh
What i feel is that arguments are only needed when one is to prove himself clean and not guilty, as long that aspect is not involved there is no need of arguments in a discussion.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

What i feel is that arguments are only needed when one is to prove himself clean and not guilty, as long that aspect is not involved there is no need of arguments in a discussion.

If there is content and stuff in the argument it should be accepted magnanimously.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.