Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
What i feel is that arguments are only needed when one is to prove himself clean and not guilty, as long that aspect is not involved there is no need of arguments in a discussion.

If there is content and stuff in the argument it should be accepted magnanimously.

Don't you think discussion itself provides enough chances to prove your point, argument sounds more like a bitter/aggressive exchange of ideas.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

What i feel is that arguments are only needed when one is to prove himself clean and not guilty, as long that aspect is not involved there is no need of arguments in a discussion.

If there is content and stuff in the argument it should be accepted magnanimously.

Don't you think discussion itself provides enough chances to prove your point, argument sounds more like a bitter/aggressive exchange of ideas.

The aggressive attitude was due to dogmatic views of the members who always endeavor to show their Oneupmanship. which is not a healthy trend. For them Debating is an ideal forum.
Discussions too can turn into arguments when there are different points of view and everyone feels they are right ! I feel it is natural when different opinions are put forth . We shd also be ble to accept different view points since certain matters can be represented and understood in different ways. What is needed is a broadminded view of ideas put forward by others .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

To prove your point, you will say something and that something is argument. All that we need is that we should not be aggressive or disrespectful to contrary opinion.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

To prove your point, you will say something and that something is argument. All that we need is that we should not be aggressive or disrespectful to contrary opinion.

It is difficult to actually draw a line as to what is aggressive or disrespectful, some people are over sensitive when it comes to any comments however harmless they may be , although they may pass careless remarks they are unable to take anything that is a little out of the way...I guess with so many people with different taste and personalities it is but natural to feel so...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is difficult to actually draw a line as to what is aggressive or disrespectful, some people are over sensitive when it comes to any comments however harmless they may be , although they may pass careless remarks they are unable to take anything that is a little out of the way...I guess with so many people with different taste and personalities it is but natural to feel so...

As long as you give arguments in favor of your view without making personal comments on other members, this is okay. after all, when you present some view, you will give arguments. If members just state their views and not give arguments, this will not be discussion but merely an opinion poll.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Discussing on various topics usually helps in arriving at a decision, we get to know different perspective on a particular matter or issue, whereas, arguments don't really help in coming to a conclusion, people keep beating around the bush to prove their stance, which may or may not be correct.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Discussing on various topics usually helps in arriving at a decision, we get to know different perspective on a particular matter or issue, whereas, arguments don't really help in coming to a conclusion, people keep beating around the bush to prove their stance, which may or may not be correct.

The unhealthy trait of seeing the things from one's own point of view and sticking to it even though they know that they are wrong is a thing conspicuously visible in arguments. Such arguments end up in a stalemate.
Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
Most people confuse argument with discussion ...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 11091]}
Discussion is an interactive and extended communication dealing with a particular subject, whereas argument is a contentious speech act, which can lead to dispute when there is strong disagreement. :whistle: :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

Everything can be resolved if the real purpose of Discussion and Arguments are seen in their real perspective.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.