Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Idli, dosa and chutni or sambhar is the most preferred breakfast to me. Since it keeps me full till afternoon.

Whatever may be the ingredients of your breakfast , the important factor is not to skip it. Otherwise one will be a victim of many stomach related disorders

Breakfast should be filling and should not be skipped. If nothing else fruits should be consumed as breakfast.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Idli, dosa and chutni or sambhar is the most preferred breakfast to me. Since it keeps me full till afternoon.

Whatever may be the ingredients of your breakfast , the important factor is not to skip it. Otherwise one will be a victim of many stomach related disorders

Breakfast should be filling and should not be skipped. If nothing else fruits should be consumed as breakfast.

The purpose of Breakfast is to break your fast, between your last meal in yesterday''s and the present morning. No matter what you take. But it should not be skipped.
That way our ancestors were wise and in Mangalore we have the age old custom of having Ganji or Konji which is boiled rice with water retained in it for breakfast along with vegetables or fish for breakfast.This was ideal when people had to do hard physical labor . Even today the working class prefers to have this rather than any other breakfast since it keeps them going for a long time to come.It makes sense that you eat a nutritious meal in the morning after having had your last meal meal may be 8 - 10 hours earlier the previous night !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That way our ancestors were wise and in Mangalore we have the age old custom of having Ganji or Konji which is boiled rice with water retained in it for breakfast along with vegetables or fish for breakfast.This was ideal when people had to do hard physical labor . Even today the working class prefers to have this rather than any other breakfast since it keeps them going for a long time to come.It makes sense that you eat a nutritious meal in the morning after having had your last meal meal may be 8 - 10 hours earlier the previous night !

Absolutely. We too call Ganji in Telugu . Ganji is the staple food for farmers. Along with it, he munches a red chilli and leaves for work. No tiredness or fatigue. It keeps them energetic until the lunch.
Sometimes at my home we will prepare kanji using ragi and wheat as a breakfast. It ill be a good filling and good for health also.
Sometimes at my home we will prepare kanji using ragi and wheat as a breakfast. It ill be a good filling and good for health also.

Yes kanji made out of rice is very energetic.
Yes, kanji is healthy breakfast option. For that matter even sattu (powdered gram) mixed with water and sugar can make a very healthy drink and keeps one full. It is preferred option during fasts. It has many health benefits too.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes, kanji is healthy breakfast option. For that matter even sattu (powdered gram) mixed with water and sugar can make a very healthy drink and keeps one full. It is preferred option during fasts. It has many health benefits too.

Luckily rural India has not fallen prey to the junk food. . In villages, still many healthy break fast habits are4 in existence. Anything solid that keeps you energetic all along the day is good.

Ragi mudde and rottis made out of a mixture of Ragi, semolina(rava) and corn flour is very nutritious and healthy.One can further enhance it by adding grated carrots,coriander leaves, onions, green chillies and any green leaves like methi and dil..I make it often for breakfast or for that matter it can be eaten any time of the day .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Ragi mudde and rottis made out of a mixture of Ragi, semolina(rava) and corn flour is very nutritious and healthy.One can further enhance it by adding grated carrots,coriander leaves, onions, green chillies and any green leaves like methi and dil..I make it often for breakfast or for that matter it can be eaten any time of the day .

Raagi, we call it as CHOLLU is very much known as A poor man's nutritious food. We make a pasty preparation and also cakes like dosas with chillies added. Both are highly nutritious.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.