Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sometimes at my home we will prepare kanji using ragi and wheat as a breakfast. It ill be a good filling and good for health also.

Ragi mudde and rottis made out of a mixture of Ragi, semolina(rava) and corn flour is very nutritious and healthy.One can further enhance it by adding grated carrots,coriander leaves, onions, green chillies and any green leaves like methi and dil..I make it often for breakfast or for that matter it can be eaten any time of the day .

Raagi, we call it as CHOLLU is very much known as A poor man's nutritious food. We make a pasty preparation and also cakes like dosas with chillies added. Both are highly nutritious.

Yes we too make a sweet dish with raagi like a steamed pie where it is steamed and cut into squares. It has become quite expensive now since the production, apparently is very low..

Luckily for me, i get Ragi from the village fairs nearby Being from a peasant background, we still continue the habit of making "Ambali"a ragi preparation with butter milk.

Ragi is readily available in most stores and retail stores like Dmart etc...and is one of the best food kids,..ragi khidchi..is what I used to give my baby and we have it too mixed in dosa and idli batter.

I have village fairs nearby. Village farmers sell Ragi for a throwaway price. I use it for making different delicacies .

If you have village near by then you can directly get the benefits from the fresh items. Companies are buying the product and selling it huge price. We should not avoid breast fast. We should use ragi,millets and other organic products which are good for health.
Sometimes at my home we will prepare kanji using ragi and wheat as a breakfast. It ill be a good filling and good for health also.

Ragi mudde and rottis made out of a mixture of Ragi, semolina(rava) and corn flour is very nutritious and healthy.One can further enhance it by adding grated carrots,coriander leaves, onions, green chillies and any green leaves like methi and dil..I make it often for breakfast or for that matter it can be eaten any time of the day .

Raagi, we call it as CHOLLU is very much known as A poor man's nutritious food. We make a pasty preparation and also cakes like dosas with chillies added. Both are highly nutritious.

Yes we too make a sweet dish with raagi like a steamed pie where it is steamed and cut into squares. It has become quite expensive now since the production, apparently is very low..

Luckily for me, i get Ragi from the village fairs nearby Being from a peasant background, we still continue the habit of making "Ambali"a ragi preparation with butter milk.

Ragi is readily available in most stores and retail stores like Dmart etc...and is one of the best food kids,..ragi khidchi..is what I used to give my baby and we have it too mixed in dosa and idli batter.

I have village fairs nearby. Village farmers sell Ragi for a throwaway price. I use it for making different delicacies .

If you have village near by then you can directly get the benefits from the fresh items. Companies are buying the product and selling it huge price. We should not avoid breast fast. We should use ragi,millets and other organic products which are good for health.

Organic products are very expensive and their availability is also very limited. But for me there is no problem. My maid servant who hails from a nearby village, brings all the necessary things from her own farm.
In most cities you have a local market where the local produce is sold. Here in Mangalore the ocal Bhindi, spinach ( Basale) , Gulla ( a variety of brinjal grown ony here ) small cucumbers and other local varities of vegetables are more expensive but definitely worth the price because we know that it s grown by the farmers in their fields using no chemicals.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In most cities you have a local market where the local produce is sold. Here in Mangalore the ocal Bhindi, spinach ( Basale) , Gulla ( a variety of brinjal grown ony here ) small cucumbers and other local varities of vegetables are more expensive but definitely worth the price because we know that it s grown by the farmers in their fields using no chemicals.

I'm located in a place where farming lands cultivated by the farmers are located. Instead of going all the way to the city paying transport costs, these farmers prefer to come to our flats and sell a variety of vegetables.
In chennai city too many organic shops have come. They are pure and no chemicals are added. But cost is higher for a common man to buy these food materials. Farmers should be allowed to sell rice and vegetables directly in the market. In many parts it is not followed. Consumers and farmers are both benefited from this.
In chennai city too many organic shops have come. They are pure and no chemicals are added. But cost is higher for a common man to buy these food materials. Farmers should be allowed to sell rice and vegetables directly in the market. In many parts it is not followed. Consumers and farmers are both benefited from this.

In AP we have RYTU Bazaar (Farmer's markets) are there where a farmer can directly sell his produce. Though they are not organic, they are good and cheap.
Parents should set a good example for their children. If parents skip breakfast, their kids will not show importance to it. They will also start avoiding it.
Parents should set a good example for their children. If parents skip breakfast, their kids will not show importance to it. They will also start avoiding it.

Every good habit of a child starts from the house. And parents are the role models for the child. If the parents have the habit of having Break fast, the child naturally emulated the parents.

Yes, children emulate their parents..but i don't think any parent would let their children to skip breakfast or any meal for that matter. If the child skips breakfast..they are given other alternatives.in terms of food.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes, children emulate their parents..but i don't think any parent would let their children to skip breakfast or any meal for that matter. If the child skips breakfast..they are given other alternatives.in terms of food.

During early days in Rourkela, I used to see an entire family practically living in a hotel. From breakfast to dinner all in the hotel how such
Parents can teach the importance of breakfast to their children?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.