Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Parents should set a good example for their children. If parents skip breakfast, their kids will not show importance to it. They will also start avoiding it.

Yes, children emulate their parents..but i don't think any parent would let their children to skip breakfast or any meal for that matter. If the child skips breakfast..they are given other alternatives.in terms of food.

During early days in Rourkela, I used to see an entire family practically living in a hotel. From breakfast to dinner all in the hotel how such
Parents can teach the importance of breakfast to their children?

Well, there are always exceptions..i am sharing my experience..my mother would never leave me or my siblings without breakfast or any other meal...and I have learned this from my mother and do the same with my baby..if she doesn't eat properly..i give her cut apples or banana..boiled egg and so on...to balance out nutritional needs.

That is the right thing to do, nutrition and the importance of healthy eating should be cultivated from childhood ...I see many children coming to school having eaten chips and tea or biscuits and tea. The least a mother can do is give a glass of milk and a banana which is not difficult ..

Right from the childhood the habit of taking breakfast has to be injected in to the child by the parents. If the parents send chips and pizza in their children's tiffin boxes, where from the children learn the importance of breakfast?

Yes, true..parents insist their children for having breakfast, and should discourage them from having pizza, burger etc.

Junk food is another menace which should be avoided by hook or crook.

Yes, and fast food such as pizza, kfc etc are more harmful.

Even in the home junk food is prepared unknowingly by the house wife . Deep fried stuff laden with oil no less than KFCs or, Pizzas.

That said,...it depends on people to people..some prefer to eat oily food..though by now most in fact everyone knows sooner or later one is going to face the dire consequences of eating oily food whether homemade or otherwise. However,once in a while having oily fried food is okay..again children below 5yrs should be encouraged to take ghee, full fat milk where as adults should be doing the opposite...low fat milk and so on.

As far as junk food, ie, fried food prepared at home is concerned, there is a simple rule. It is better to eat fried food once in a fortnight. Once in a week is also okay, but more than that, it does become junk even if prepared using fresh ingredients at home.

Yes, I agree...once in a week or a fortnight helps satiate our cravings for fried food and also keeps a check on our intake of such foods. Even I follow this rule. :)

:) :) Also as long as we keep getting enough activities and are not following a completely sedentary lifestyle, it is okay to have fried food once in a while, especially with active kids in the house. As we grow older, our cravings for such foods automatically start reducing!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Parents should set a good example for their children. If parents skip breakfast, their kids will not show importance to it. They will also start avoiding it.

Yes, children emulate their parents..but i don't think any parent would let their children to skip breakfast or any meal for that matter. If the child skips breakfast..they are given other alternatives.in terms of food.

During early days in Rourkela, I used to see an entire family practically living in a hotel. From breakfast to dinner all in the hotel how such

Well, there are always exceptions..i am sharing my experience..my mother would never leave me or my siblings without breakfast or any other meal...and I have learned this from my mother and do the same with my baby..if she doesn't eat properly..i give her cut apples or banana..boiled egg and so on...to balance out nutritional needs.

That is the right thing to do, nutrition and the importance of healthy eating should be cultivated from childhood ...I see many children coming to school having eaten chips and tea or biscuits and tea. The least a mother can do is give a glass of milk and a banana which is not difficult ..

Right from the childhood the habit of taking breakfast has to be injected in to the child by the parents. If the parents send chips and pizza in their children's tiffin boxes, where from the children learn the importance of breakfast?

Yes, true..parents insist their children for having breakfast, and should discourage them from having pizza, burger etc.

Even in the home junk food is prepared unknowingly by the house wife . Deep fried stuff laden with oil no less than KFCs or, Pizzas.

That said,...it depends on people to people..some prefer to eat oily food..though by now most in fact everyone knows sooner or later one is going to face the dire consequences of eating oily food whether homemade or otherwise. However,once in a while having oily fried food is okay..again children below 5yrs should be encouraged to take ghee, full fat milk where as adults should be doing the opposite...low fat milk and so on.

As far as junk food, ie, fried food prepared at home is concerned, there is a simple rule. It is better to eat fried food once in a fortnight. Once in a week is also okay, but more than that, it does become junk even if prepared using fresh ingredients at home.

Yes, I agree...once in a week or a fortnight helps satiate our cravings for fried food and also keeps a check on our intake of such foods. Even I follow this rule. :)

Are you sure that " Once in a week habit of eating greasy food will not become an addiction over a period?". If you are sure to restrict the habit of oily food to "Once in a week", then you are blessed. But most of the people got addicted. Any how I too stress on the habit of eating oily stuff in a limited manner.
"

Yes, once in a week..that too only on weekends...I am sure I won't be addicted..because...tell you what for me if I like something I go on eating the same for a continuous period until I reach the saturation point and after that I never become addicted to anything.

Then you are conqueror of your cravings. Hail thee.

I know you must be thinking that I jam ust writing this for the sake of writing...but this is the truth and works for me.

I wonder what made you think that way. You know very well how many are become addicts of bad food habits which start just as an occasional incident. In this scenario, i thought you really deserve a complement. Its a heartfelt comment.

It didn't come out that way. but if this is a heartfelt comment...thank you Sir.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Are you sure that " Once in a week habit of eating greasy food will not become an addiction over a period?". If you are sure to restrict the habit of oily food to "Once in a week", then you are blessed. But most of the people got addicted. Any how I too stress on the habit of eating oily stuff in a limited manner.
"

Yes, once in a week..that too only on weekends...I am sure I won't be addicted..because...tell you what for me if I like something I go on eating the same for a continuous period until I reach the saturation point and after that I never become addicted to anything.

Then you are conqueror of your cravings. Hail thee.

I know you must be thinking that I jam ust writing this for the sake of writing...but this is the truth and works for me.

I wonder what made you think that way. You know very well how many are become addicts of bad food habits which start just as an occasional incident. In this scenario, i thought you really deserve a complement. Its a heartfelt comment.

It didn't come out that way. but if this is a heartfelt comment...thank you Sir.

Perhaps may be my exuberance that made you think that. I have a heart to appreciate good things. OK. All is well, that ends well.

:) :) Also as long as we keep getting enough activities and are not following a completely sedentary lifestyle, it is okay to have fried food once in a while, especially with active kids in the house. As we grow older, our cravings for such foods automatically start reducing!

It is because of leading a sedentary lifestyle we are afraid of consuming fried food even occasionally...but if we do remain active...and exercise we can enjoy oily snacks and food too at times.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I agree we all have cravings for swweets, fried stuff etc ...I love Home made Ghee and sweets and find it hard to resist both.The only way to resist is by not buying sweets, but at times I give in ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree we all have cravings for swweets, fried stuff etc ...I love Home made Ghee and sweets and find it hard to resist both.The only way to resist is by not buying sweets, but at times I give in ..

In that respect, I consider myself an exception. Till now I hadsnever been to a Restaurant or an eatery . I never touched any sweet made outside my home except an occasional PRASAD i get from Temples.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.