Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is a luxury train and people who had enough money to travel only will enjoy the pleasant journey on this train. This train is called as Palace on wheels. The real situation in India is people are not able to travel in premium class trains because the fare is very high. Poor peoples can see photographs of the train and get enjoyed.

Luxury comes with a price tag. Once in a while one can go for such a tour to feel the pulse of the luxury. A friend of mine, a middle class employee saved for an year only to avail such luxuries.

Isn't this also called the palace on wheels? It is not new ..but yes everything comes with a price tag but if a person is rich enough s/he can afford to take the pleasure of commuting by this train.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

This is news for me, I always wanted to travel by Palace on Wheels but now I have my priorities changed  :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes, these trains are very costly indeed.  The alternative is to enjoy whatever is possible.  For example, one can enjoy a good ride, in the double decker train that runs between Chennai and Bangalore.  We need to have several such alternatives.  Sure, the very poor cannot afford it, but the middle classes are enjoying it to some extent. 

Though it is not great, it does have a fairly good ambiance and is quite alright.  The seats are very comfortable too.

It is not just a train but an experience of lifetime! If I ever get 900 dollars to spare I am definitely booking a ticket on that train!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True..given a chance, I would love to travel by palace on wheels! After all this would be once in a lifetime opportunity.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

ABSIVAKUMAR wrote:

Yes, these trains are very costly indeed.  The alternative is to enjoy whatever is possible.  For example, one can enjoy a good ride, in the double decker train that runs between Chennai and Bangalore.  We need to have several such alternatives.  Sure, the very poor cannot afford it, but the middle classes are enjoying it to some extent. 

Though it is not great, it does have a fairly good ambiance and is quite alright.  The seats are very comfortable too.

True but traveling by one of its kind is an entirely different experience.

The poor see the train pass by, the middle class aspire to travel in in and the rich can afford it. The interesting tragedy of  middle class is that by the time they save the fare it has jumped up by 20-30% or more. So they are always in the saving mode!!

vijay wrote:

The poor see the train pass by, the middle class aspire to travel in in and the rich can afford it. The interesting tragedy of  middle class is that by the time they save the fare it has jumped up by 20-30% or more. So they are always in the saving mode!!

I have traveled in many trains including costly and even bullet trains in China but I haven't seen Palace on Wheel so far even from a distance. I would like to see POW and the other one mentioned in this thread.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.