Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Good things come with a price tag. A bit of luxury can be bought for experiencing the thrill of luxury. I know many middle class people saved only to experience the thrill of luxury.

I wish we had a sale for Palace on Wheels tickets, at least I could have thought of traveling by it. Travelling by train does take time but the experience better as compared to flying, crammed spaces, less leg room even for 2 or 3 hrs makes it a disappointing experience. And travelling by Palace on Wheel would be like a dream come true.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I think they accept payment in $$$ only so you will have to arrange a sponsorship for your wish to be fulfilled.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:I think they accept payment in $$$ only so you will have to arrange a sponsorship for your wish to be fulfilled.
There is a provision for payment in INR also.

Over the table or under the table?

Well, the decision is yours.

Sure. What I meant was generally if you pay at the station it is usually over the table and in a moving train it is below the table.The high fares of the POW will make an average Indian middle class not chose either mode of payment.

No. Even when the train is on the move, I paid and demanded a receipt. If the conductor fails to give a receipt, it's under the table.

Fine. The POW is a train which shows a number of forts to Western tourists in an around Rajasthan when out of it and wines and dines them when they are in it. A typical middle class Indian may not find these attractive and surely not at the very high fares charged. However the choice as usual is with the paying public.

It's a luxury not within the reach of commoners. But there are a few commoners who save for such luxuries with their savings just to haveAA feel of that luxury. A few of my friends travelled. They are mere commoners like me.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.