Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The swiss democracy is in fact more direct. But the big countries can't have such direct democracy as this will lead to chaos and disorder. So the big countries have representative democracy where authority is delegated to elected representatives. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Atleast some good aspects can be taken in order to have an ideal democracy.

This kind of democracy works in Switzerland because first of all its a small country and secondly, the people are much more honest and committed. Also their integrity is unquestionable. Such democracy in India would mean opening the doors for the corrupt!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

I agree with you Kalyani. Integrity in the people matters. Integrity is one thing that's unknown to the People of India. Corrupted people elect corrupt governments.

rambabu wrote:

I agree with you Kalyani. Integrity in the people matters. Integrity is one thing that's unknown to the People of India. Corrupted people elect corrupt governments.

True Rambabu...it is solely for their honesty and integrity that the Swiss have made a name for themselves and their Banks are sought after the world over.

Because of this trait of integrity in the people in Switzerland, the rulers also think twice before they enact an act or policy. People at anytime can question the government's act and they are empowered to call them back.

Even in Swiss, the form of direct democracy is limited to some small cantons now, as it is always difficult to perform in large population like India and US, though from time to time Kehriwal uttered to do such like creating budget from people's participation but all are simple words not practical to do. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Swiss people are emanicipated and more responsible and are aware of the nuances of democracy. This single aspect is enough to say, such democracy is not possible in India.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

This kind of democracy works in Switzerland because first of all its a small country and secondly, the people are much more honest and committed. Also their integrity is unquestionable. Such democracy in India would mean opening the doors for the corrupt!

Very true Kalyani ! It is astonishing how honest they can be ...My daughter lives in Switzerland and I visit her every year and spend a month there. They live in a small village close to Zurich with a population of just 8000 odd people . But the kind of service and connectivity you get is amazing.The funny thing is, even there you have a small bed and breakfast / restaurant run by an Indian couple ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Very true Kalyani ! It is astonishing how honest they can be ...My daughter lives in Switzerland and I visit her every year and spend a month there. They live in a small village close to Zurich with a population of just 8000 odd people . But the kind of service and connectivity you get is amazing.The funny thing is, even there you have a small bed and breakfast / restaurant run by an Indian couple ...

Wow Usha, all I can say is you are truly lucky to be able to live in such a place! I wish my son to grow up soon and go live somewhere like that!

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.