Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

This kind of democracy works in Switzerland because first of all its a small country and secondly, the people are much more honest and committed. Also their integrity is unquestionable. Such democracy in India would mean opening the doors for the corrupt!

Very true Kalyani ! It is astonishing how honest they can be ...My daughter lives in Switzerland and I visit her every year and spend a month there. They live in a small village close to Zurich with a population of just 8000 odd people . But the kind of service and connectivity you get is amazing.The funny thing is, even there you have a small bed and breakfast / restaurant run by an Indian couple ...

Wow Usha, all I can say is you are truly lucky to be able to live in such a place! I wish my son to grow up soon and go live somewhere like that!

True. I envy Usha for utilizing her opportunities to broaden her knowledge base. Visiting places will not only recharge one's spent up energies, Outlook and thinking will be enhanced.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

This kind of democracy works in Switzerland because first of all its a small country and secondly, the people are much more honest and committed. Also their integrity is unquestionable. Such democracy in India would mean opening the doors for the corrupt!

Very true Kalyani ! It is astonishing how honest they can be ...My daughter lives in Switzerland and I visit her every year and spend a month there. They live in a small village close to Zurich with a population of just 8000 odd people . But the kind of service and connectivity you get is amazing.The funny thing is, even there you have a small bed and breakfast / restaurant run by an Indian couple ...

Wow Usha, all I can say is you are truly lucky to be able to live in such a place! I wish my son to grow up soon and go live somewhere like that!

True. I envy Usha for utilizing her opportunities to broaden her knowledge base. Visiting places will not only recharge one's spent up energies, Outlook and thinking will be enhanced.

@ Kalyani, Rambabu....I agree that travel is perhaps the best experience you have in life since you shed many of your preconceived notions and inhibitions . It need not be to far off or exotic places, could be to smaller towns in our own country. Speaking about Switzerland , I wish the Indian tourists and the few Indians who live there learn the good points rather than make a nuisance of themselves since Swiss have a very poor opinion of Indians whereas Srilankans , many of who live there are really liked and respected by them, this has been my observation after speaking and interacting with the locals..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

@ Kalyani, Rambabu....I agree that travel is perhaps the best experience you have in life since you shed many of your preconceived notions and inhibitions . It need not be to far off or exotic places, could be to smaller towns in our own country. Speaking about Switzerland , I wish the Indian tourists and the few Indians who live there learn the good points rather than make a nuisance of themselves since Swiss have a very poor opinion of Indians whereas Srilankans , many of who live there are really liked and respected by them, this has been my observation after speaking and interacting with the locals..

True, Usha. One need not go all the way to exotic places. Take for example, in my own place AP ,there are many tribal villages like Araku Valley. Their way of living and their sense of cleanliness will open the eyes of our city dwellers.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
rambabu wrote:

Atleast some good aspects can be taken in order to have an ideal democracy.

While drafting constitution of Indian Republic, the founding fathers including Dr. ambedkar visited several countries and studied their constitutions. They drafted Indian constitution  viewing the diversities, largeness and needs of the country in best possible ways. Our democracy has to be representative and not direct.  The constitution is best so far as form is concerned. But fascist tendencies and personality are deterrent .  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Nice thread and always have nice fascination to know more about Swiss, as seven years back I was there for two years, lovely place and lovely climate. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

You are blessed. You lived in a beautiful land in all respects.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.