No. There are many unsung heroes who have been doing Swatch Bharat for many years.

http://www.thebetterindia.com/14906/swachh-bharat-abhiyaan-clean-india-campaign-unsung-heroes/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Swach Bharat is not a new concept neither has Modi or anyone close to him claimed it to be. There are many who are striving hard to accomplish this goal, only thing is Modi has made it more widespread and given it this particular name. There is really no need to have disputes on this issue, all we need to do is take relevant lessons from it and do our bit to keep our surroundings, city and country clean.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Very true. My intention is not to discredit Modi. I wanted to say we should pay our respects those people who were doing cleanliness programmes since long without a profit motive.

rambabu wrote:

Very true. My intention is not to discredit Modi. I wanted to say we should pay our respects those people who were doing cleanliness programmes since long without a profit motive.

When we know of such people, we do respect them wholeheartedly!

Except for a few aware and patriotic individuals , the rest of the population treats their surroundings like a garbage dump.Looking at any of our cities, we see only a few VVIP areas that are kept clean the rest of the city carries an un-cared for look.It is in the hands of individual organisations and we ourselves to keep our surroundings clean since a governmental agency has its limitations and cannot be on call 24 hours of the day..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

Except for a few aware and patriotic individuals , the rest of the population treats their surroundings like a garbage dump.Looking at any of our cities, we see only a few VVIP areas that are kept clean the rest of the city carries an un-cared for look.It is in the hands of individual organisations and we ourselves to keep our surroundings clean since a governmental agency has its limitations and cannot be on call 24 hours of the day..

True Usha. And I can really laugh at the way many are now trying to ridicule Modi for his Swach Bharat Abhiyan. What they do not understand is that if we were to truly progress, cleanliness will only help us forward. All advanced countries are extremely clean everywhere you go. Many decades ago, Lee Kuan Yew, former Prime Minister of Singapore realised the importance of cleanliness and took up the broom in his own hands. Gradually people too understood and followed suit and the results are there for us to see. Similar story can be repeated in our country but with the likes of doubting idiots from congress and their large fan following, it seems quite far !

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Unless we the people and the government work in tandem, no welfare measure can succeed. Vizag, my place which has been proposed to make it a Smart city, has not any traces of cleanliness or tidiness . Slogans remained on the Bill boards amidst filth and garbage. 

rambabu wrote:

Unless we the people and the government work in tandem, no welfare measure can succeed. Vizag, my place which has been proposed to make it a Smart city, has not any traces of cleanliness or tidiness . Slogans remained on the Bill boards amidst filth and garbage. 

True...All cities that are intended to be turned into smart cities first need to be cleaned thoroughly and maintained that way!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

True...All cities that are intended to be turned into smart cities first need to be cleaned thoroughly and maintained that way!

Cleanliness should be made as a part of our lives. We never forget our food. Akin to this keeping the surroundings clean and tidy should be made as a regular affair.

It is not a new concept, it is there since time immemorial and the way PM of nation endorses this provides deeper meaning to it. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Yes. The thread says that there are many individuals who were in to Swach Bharat without a profit movement since long.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.