Many believe yoga was popularised by the Indian yogis of old and spread to the west through the likes of the Beatles go-to-guru Maharishi Yogi and this generation's Ramdev.

Here is an interesting article on Yoga.

http://www.firstpost.com/living/ripleys-believe-it-or-not-the-first-lady-of-yoga-wasnt-indian-2291068.html

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The lady is not Indian but she herself learnt Yoga in India from which she carried abroad. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

So. this should clear the doubts of those people that Yoga is having religious links. It is mere a therapeutic healing system. One need not be under compulsion that one should chant the Mantras which are optional.

rambabu wrote:

So. this should clear the doubts of those people that Yoga is having religious links. It is mere a therapeutic healing system. One need not be under compulsion that one should chant the Mantras which are optional.

From dress, name it appears that the woman is of Hindu origin as well. Yoga is no doubt of Indian Hindu origin. But we accept everything that is useful. We don't reject something because of its Hindu or Muslim or Christian origin.Let us accept all that is good and reject what is bad irrespective of origin.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

From dress, name it appears that the woman is of Hindu origin as well. Yoga is no doubt of Indian Hindu origin. But we accept everything that is useful. We don't reject something because of its Hindu or Muslim or Christian origin.Let us accept all that is good and reject what is bad irrespective of origin.  

Absolutely sir. I am of the opinion if a thing is good enough, grab it without any prejudice and bias.

Yoga is mentioned in the mahabharata, so it has ancient origins. It has 2 parts a spiritual and a physical. Yes the spiritual part does have Hindu philosophy as its basis. I learnt Yoga at the ashram of Swami Shraddananda in Bassein  and have doing it for many years. Incidentally it is not encouraged in Muslim countries and banned in saudi Arabia , Iraq etc.

However in Dubai a few schools are permitted and i am member of one of them

Now the whole world is inclined towards yoga. What I impress upon is if there is good in something , grab it. Yoga is a non- invasive therapy  which is holistic in nature. This therapy is sans side effects. Some say Surya Namaskar is having a Hindu aspect. They should know Surya, the Sun is an energizer to the entire world. Be it a Christian or a Muslim, Sun is universal .

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.