Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Natural disasters are part of history. After all the city of Pompeii was destroyed by a volcano thousands of years ago. Natural disasters are natures way of balancing life. 

If that be so then Indians have out balanced nature many times over

MG Singh wrote:

Natural disasters are part of history. After all the city of Pompeii was destroyed by a volcano thousands of years ago. Natural disasters are natures way of balancing life. 

As the very name indicates it's the fury in the forms of earth quakes, Tsunamis and cyclones. Even though they are natural disasters , you can see the invisible human hand behind these natural disasters. Trees are completely destroyed. Concrete jungles were built in the name of development.Though they cannot be completely stopped, the loss of men and material can be reduced. Japan is an earth quake prone country. They designed a a plan in such a way that the loss of men and material are kept to minimum.

vijay wrote:

Building disaster resistant structures costs money and that is one reason why we do not have these in adequate numbers.Advanced countries have huge amounts of capital which they employ in making life more safe for their citizens. We are may decades away from such facilities.

I would like to think it is more a lack of willpower than lack of money and no value attached to human lives in India!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu

@ Kalyani.

Who cares attitude and not caring about human lives is the reason for the deaths. I agree we cannot stop the loss of men and property entirely. But it can certainly be minimized. Then again as you said is owing to lack of strong will deaths occurred.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.