Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I find it strange that people in India still cannot handle it when a lone woman goes for a holiday and say stays in a hotel or resort all by herself ...They keep looking for some kind of an explanation .This happened to me once when I arrived for our holiday at Sakleshpur, which is a very scenic small town in the western ghats, 120 kms from Mangalore. My family coming from different parts , were supposed to arrive there with me but were delayed for two days because of missed flights which left me alone in the resort we were staying. It was really amusing to see other residents look at me as if I was a freak of nature ! You never have such problems anywhere else in the world ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Aha...Ha. True Usha. We are deeply immersed neck deep in the rotten societal norms dating back to centuries. Naturally what more you can expect from these Culture Vultures. Thankfully people like you are determined to come out of these shackles which I feel is a welcome sign.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

There are many India  ladies these days taking up travelling as a profession and there are travel companies willing to fund them so that they write about their travel details and also film their travel experiences , which in turn will be used by the travel agencies for their ads .It is a very interesting and challenging profession since you need to visit the less frequented areas and also stay in budget hotels and guest houses since most of the travel houses cater to the middle class..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu

True Usha. Travelogues are lucrative. More than that Women took this cue and turning their passion in to a profession. As I said earlier, I'm one of those who welcome the changing trends in women of late. And I wish this trend grows in the days to come.

bhuyali saroj wrote:

every coin as the opposite site so do these world have , it is not impossible to make a change in India but we need good amount of people to do these ,love and respect 

Change comes in small measures and not all at once, and change is happening , some for the better and some not so good..

With sincere efforts and determination, Change can be brought in. Like minded people should join and make it a success. Of course, it takes time.

rambabu wrote:

Traveling broadens the knowledge base. One will be acquainted with different people and cultures. This in turn makes you accept and respect other cultures and their way of living. In this case the most heartening aspect is she left her lucrative job and simply followed her heart. Kudos to her.

Like men women are also right to do what they want. It is attitude of society that we think that women are weak that men. This girl is doing it at this time, I think you Johra Sehgal. In her young age she was travelling alone Lahor to Landon by car.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Traveling broadens the knowledge base. One will be acquainted with different people and cultures. This in turn makes you accept and respect other cultures and their way of living. In this case the most heartening aspect is she left her lucrative job and simply followed her heart. Kudos to her.

Like men women are also right to do what they want. It is attitude of society that we think that women are weak that men. This girl is doing it at this time, I think you Johra Sehgal. In her young age she was travelling alone Lahor to Landon by car.

The trend of refusing the time worn beliefs that a woman is an object of pleasure  has started. Now more and more woman are coming of age. Your Zohra Sehgals example is apt. Over the years, I'm confident that women firmly establish that women are in no way inferior to men.

There are many travel companies making it easier for women travelers who wish to travel alone..Should women travel only with other women? Should they do so on occasion? If the trip is one of outdoor adventure, involving physical challenge, should they travel only with other women?

Read more: http://www.budgettravel.com/feature/travel-for-women-only,5071/#ixzz3n1TVi9h3

The thought that woman should travel with women only mirrors the age old belief that women are weak. Those days have gone and women are coming up with the spirit of Adventurism. The Nomad's case itself says that women are on the march and are coming f age.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.