Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The link states that superstitions are not uniform. A cat is bad omen in some countries and lucky somewhere else. So this is all illogical. Even if a cat crossin parth is unlucky,  what if you can't see that.  If a cat is crossing my path at a distance far away from my sight, will that even then be unlucky? 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

The link states that superstitions are not uniform. A cat is bad omen in some countries and lucky somewhere else. So this is all illogical. Even if a cat crossin parth is unlucky,  what if you can't see that.  If a cat is crossing my path at a distance far away from my sight, will that even then be unlucky? 

Absolutely sir. These superstitions vary from country to country and also region to region in the same country. Of course they are superstitions sans rationale.

Hi Rambabu,

It is not only black cat. Whichever cat passes our path while going out, it is bad. I have experienced this on many occasions in my life. It indicates the ensuing bad luck. To narrate an incidence, at 5.10 Pm on 30.6.2012, I was going to my brother's house across the road to convey the message about my sister who was bed ridden with stroke. When we were just entering their housing complex at 5.10 PM, a cat crossed our path and I felt very bad and sad. Can you believe, exactly at that precise time, my sister expired in the hospital.  

@ Rajaraman

It is an accidental coincidence. Can you tell me how many times you met with hazards ? Are they happening whenever a cat crosses your way?

Sad things can happen in everyone’s life at any time, but we cannot blame a poor animal for it just because it happens to cross our way and a superstition is already inscribed in its name. These are all coincidences, and are beyond the ‘law of cause and effect’. But, surprisingly, a superstitious mind cannot accept this fact because the power of superstition is amazing and always repels the power of reasoning.

Thank you said by: Babu saroj
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

Sad things can happen in everyone’s life at any time, but we cannot blame a poor animal for it just because it happens to cross our way and a superstition is already inscribed in its name. These are all coincidences, and are beyond the ‘law of cause and effect’. But, surprisingly, a superstitious mind cannot accept this fact because the power of superstition is amazing and always repels the power of reasoning.

Well said. Accidental coincidences will rule us and they take us in a tight grip. I agree these coincidences are nothing but superstitions.

Many people are happy to believe in superstitions because their life has been revolving around them, so be it...Some of us may think it is nonsense but for a believer it is an entire lifestyle and they are not going to change no matter what !!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If the believers are sure of their beliefs, it's OK. They are entitled for it. But they should not spread their beliefs and force on others. They don't have the right to force the people into dark ages.

i do believe that when a cat especially the black cat crosses the road and if we go through the same road from where the cat have been passed, it will bring bad luck to us, i firmly believe that because it happens to me most of the time in a year

bhuyali saroj

I love cats a lot and at least a hundred cats, including black ones, have crossed my path multiple times but I have never been struck down with evil so far.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.