Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Many of these customs and superstitions may or may not have any validity...However some are based on some relevant facts like not having any functions during Aati month as we call it ( Aashad) because of heavy rains that dont stop at all....So no auspicious functions and ceremonies are conducted during that month. Although it started with a practical reason, now people go to any extent even saying that if a couple get married during that month their marriage will be doomed ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Many of these customs and superstitions may or may not have any validity...However some are based on some relevant facts like not having any functions during Aati month as we call it ( Aashad) because of heavy rains that dont stop at all....So no auspicious functions and ceremonies are conducted during that month. Although it started with a practical reason, now people go to any extent even saying that if a couple get married during that month their marriage will be doomed ..

True Usha...most superstitions have their origins in some kind of practicality involving safety and security. But people have managed to turn it into silly superstitions!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There are no benefits of these superstitions. A Surgeon here refused to perform a critical operation because one of the nurse sneezed.. Ultimately the patient breathed his last on the operation table itself/

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

True Usha...most superstitions have their origins in some kind of practicality involving safety and security. But people have managed to turn it into silly superstitions!

It becomes difficult at times to argue with your family elders against these superstitions...They are so set in their beliefs and you dont want to make them unhappy although I do try and get an explanation .. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

There are no benefits of these superstitions. A Surgeon here refused to perform a critical operation because one of the nurse sneezed.. Ultimately the patient breathed his last on the operation table itself/

Surprising that surgeon failed to perform his job because of superstition. This is least expected of a surgeon.  even an astrologer appointed in Railway will not go by horoscope for timing of trains. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In this respect, I'm very curt to put before them my views on superstitions be it any family member or a friend. But in case of family members or friends I caution them, "You do whatever you like as long as your beliefs do not  come on my way. I may sound crude. But that's the only way to express my firm attitude on superstitions.

Maintaining certain relationships is far more important than showing our firm attitude and opposition especially to those close to you.... I feel that many people change with exposure and listening to other peoples views but tend to be stubborn when there is opposition to their own beliefs..

Belief is everything; not just a belief, but a firm belief. We relate two things and believe without doubt that one will happen followed by the other. This belief always remains in our subconscious mind in the form of an awareness and because of this awareness, things happen as per our belief. It is the law of the universe that if we have a firm belief in our mind it will become manifested when we have reached the right place and right time and everything is in perfect harmony. It is a law of attraction of the universe that happens in the unconscious level of our awareness. We call it coincidence. These are meaningful coincidences and ‘Synchronicity’ is the other name for this phenomenon. 

It is otherwise in my case. My friends  family members instead of stopping relationships with me, they showed lot of enthusiasm to know the rationale behind my curtness. One cannot have cake and eat too. Of course, I am glad that there are people who understood me and never dared to snap relations with me.

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

Belief is everything; not just a belief, but a firm belief. We relate two things and believe without doubt that one will happen followed by the other. This belief always remains in our subconscious mind in the form of an awareness and because of this awareness, things happen as per our belief. It is the law of the universe that if we have a firm belief in our mind it will become manifested when we have reached the right place and right time and everything is in perfect harmony. It is a law of attraction of the universe that happens in the unconscious level of our awareness. We call it coincidence. These are meaningful coincidences and ‘Synchronicity’ is the other name for this phenomenon. 

They say faith moves mountains, so why not let each one to his her own belief rather than impose our views on them, however rationale they may seem to us ..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.