Health is a matter that  concerns everybody  and the more you take good care the better for you ..These days we are bombarded with information about all possible illness, diet, weight loss etc etc...Cholesterol is one such which has received a great deal of attention in print, o the net and by the visual media.However, there are some popular beliefs which may or may not be all true..Here is a list of 15 cholesterol myths that we need to consider !

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/health-news/15-cholesterol-myths-busted/articleshow/21099644.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Interesting article.Many Myths about Cholesterol are in prevalence among the people. These myths are busted.

I for one long ago found these myths. Myths or not I believed only one fact. That is be active and do physical exercise or Yoga. This kept me healthy.

yes there are lots of old myth which are constantly running in India mostly about cholesterol but it can be removed if everyone follows yoga because yoga is the medicine of all the problem which human being faces 

bhuyali saroj

Yes. Yoga Keeps your mental physical health strong.

Here are Yoga asanas for reducing cholesterol.

http://www.rediff.com/getahead/slide-show/slide-show-1-health-top-5-yoga-poses-to-lower-cholesterol/20120224.htm

It has been rightly mentioned that one of the biggest myth aboit cholesterol is that they are very bad for health. This myth has become popular mostly due to the various advertisements of oil. Such advertisements often depict cholesterol as something bad for heart and fails to mention the important roles it plays in the body. So generally people have come to associate cholesterol only with cardiac arrest and other heart diseases

It is the advertisements that make a big issue only to push their Product. This is the reason why people form misconceptions about Cholesterol. The facts should be verified. But public in a haste jump to wrong conclusions. An Overall right life style,   right diet habits and physical exercise will not allow the the growth of Cholesterol.

@ rambabu - Interesting article.Many Myths about Cholesterol are in prevalence among the people. These myths are busted.

I for one long ago found these myths. Myths or not I believed only one fact. That is be active and do physical exercise or Yoga. This kept me healthy.

@bhuyali saroj - yes there are lots of old myth which are constantly running in India mostly about cholesterol but it can be removed if everyone follows yoga because yoga is the medicine of all the problem which human being faces 

@ jabeen - It has been rightly mentioned that one of the biggest myth aboit cholesterol is that they are very bad for health. This myth has become popular mostly due to the various advertisements of oil. Such advertisements often depict cholesterol as something bad for heart and fails to mention the important roles it plays in the body. So generally people have come to associate cholesterol only with cardiac arrest and other heart diseases

Any form of physical activity like walking, going to the gym or yoga is good for bringing down and maintaining the cholesterol levels..

I happened to read the other day the benefits of Home made pure Ghee which all health buffs condemn.According to Ayurveda Ghee is the  best form of fat that is packed with Vitamin A D and K and should be used regularly without any fear. Earlier our ancestors used Coconut oil and groundnut oil without facing too many health problems whereas now all these oils have been relegated to the background with Olive oil taking pride of place as the only healthy substitute . I wonder if this is a clever business strategy ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Even now I Use Coconut oil and Groundnut oil. Now in the regular Markets these two oils are coming in Packages.  Manufacturers add  Chemicals to increase the shelf life of These packages. Fortunately these natural things are available in the village fairs located around in my region. Otherwise for city dwellers cannot get  coconut oil and groundnut Oil in their natural form.

Most people in small towns and villages use what is locally available and remain much healthier and fitter than the town dwellers who spend a load on expensive oils and gym membership...No doubt , lifestyle is different and they find little time for physical activities but somewhere you have to make some compromises ..

Exactly. I know farmers living in nearby villages still stick to their natural ways of living.. They eat simple foods whatever is available naturally. And you should see their strength and stamina.

Not all types of cholesterol are bad since there is also good cholesterol that is beneficial for our body.. By increasing the levels of HDL (High density lipoprotein ) we will be cutting down the risk of heart ailments.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/in-depth/hdl-cholesterol/art-20046388?pg=2

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.