Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes. I agree. Peer pressure plays a vital role in creating turbulence in the life of teenagers. Another important mistake committed by the parents is, teenagers are forced. by the parents setting unrealistic goals.. It should be followed by a follow up action by the parents to help achieve the goals..

bhuyali saroj wrote:

To avoid these misunderstanding you just have to be your son/daughter friend. First be friend then if you get time then become parent.....

Ideally one should be both a parent and a friend....Because as parents there are certain duties to be performed and as a friend you can share a better relationship with your children.Parenting especially teenagers is not an easy job at all, requires loads of patience and understanding !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Parenting teenagers is really a test to the parents.. After a child transforms into young adulthood, his area of movement expands. This expansion makes the teenagers to peep in to the new worlds never before told by the parents. Hence, parents need to have a forethought. They should know that by slowly introducing in short steps what the children are likely to meet once they reach adult stage. Example is letting the things known about the process Creation.. Parents shudder at the very thought of revealing the process of creation.

usha manohar wrote:

There are different kinds of problems that a growing almost adult child faces  - social, disciplinary and educational.If there is misunderstanding between parents and if it is a one parent family then problems can aggravate , also in a joint family where there is too much authority shown by the elders.. similarly poverty too can be factor.

True....There are too many factors that contributes towards a perfect or disastrous relationship between parents and children. I guess, it is all a big learning process for both parents and children and the parents who can quickly adapt and improvise as the situation demands only can be successful with their children. I don't know if I am right because I am yet to reach that stage but I don't think sticking to set rules of parenting would work when dealing with teenagers.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

While dealing with the grown up children, Parents also should see the changes taking place in the transition stage between childhood and adolescence. This helps the parents to know what should be their course of action well before hand.  This observation of the parents goes a long way.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There are different kinds of problems that a growing almost adult child faces  - social, disciplinary and educational.If there is misunderstanding between parents and if it is a one parent family then problems can aggravate , also in a joint family where there is too much authority shown by the elders.. similarly poverty too can be factor.

True....There are too many factors that contributes towards a perfect or disastrous relationship between parents and children. I guess, it is all a big learning process for both parents and children and the parents who can quickly adapt and improvise as the situation demands only can be successful with their children. I don't know if I am right because I am yet to reach that stage but I don't think sticking to set rules of parenting would work when dealing with teenagers.

I feel that a parent having known the child since childhood is always the best judge while dealing with teenagers especially their own children ! For everyone it is first time even when you have more than one child because each child is different,and their outlook and needs are different and we have to deal with them differently !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Each child is different. Even in twins who are similar in looks but poles apart in their traits.  i had this experience in my own family. three of my sisters - in - law had twins. All of them are a Boy and Girl pairs

I was astonished to see their parents skill in their upbringing. Each pair were treated separately and tactfully..

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes Kalayani, I have seen some so called perfect parent children relationship going sour as children go older and parents being unable to come to terms with the new independent teenagers.Unless parents become more broad minded in their thinking rather than remain rigid and have a stuck in the mud attitude , there is bound to be trouble..

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.