Types of lies most generally used by Kids and Teens.

Do you think there are many other lies used by the kids and teens ? If so, members can add.

http://www.etcpb.com/lying-to-parents/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Going  through the article I did not have any such lies coming out of my kids and if they did I never realised it anyway LOL...they were to smart for that ! But on the whole it is in our hands to give them the confidence to do what they want to do without resorting to lie about things. I remember my son chatting to his then girlfriend through web cam and I too would say hello to her if I went it to his room, because he never shut the door and would in fact introduce her and speak to me about her ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That's a good trait in your son. But many say, "I was talking with my tutor to clear a doubt."

I guess it depends on mutual trust and understanding, where parents need to take the initiative because our society is double faced  which only makes teenagers feel guilty about their  natural instincts  , which in turn makes them hide many of their  feelings and activities . 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What you guessed is right. Trust is one thing responsible for building Barricades between the parents and the children. It is a simple thing, if do not trust my child i don't have a right to expect same trust from my child.

Teenagers these days are a smart lot and they know exactly how to deal with people...Most parents are grudgingly open about certain things and they realise this and are the same with their parents.I see many of them opening up to some of us teachers at school and the teachers try to inform the parents with the idea of making them aware but the reactions are normally very discouraging ! They sometimes slap their chilldren right away in front of the teachers which is probably the worst thing one can do and some of them , even as they speak in controlled tones to the teachers turn to their wards and threateningly say ..come home I will take care of you there ..LOL ! Honestly, children are considered a burden or  a liability , no wonder the teenagers have little respect,regard or understanding with their parents during that difficult phase

Exactly. I too have seen parents behaving in this primitive manner.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you so goes the saying. How true it is !

Parents should know that children too are humans with rights of their own.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.