Osteoporosis is a condition when our bones become weak and fragile, Once you develop this condition the risk of fracturing bones becomes much more than it is for others .It is not just the elderly and the aged who get affected by this condition, it can be found in people who are relatively young.However if care is taken early by eating the right kind of foods it can be checked to a great extent ...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/diet/15-foods-that-fight-osteoporosis/articleshow/17002825.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Concise information on how to avoid osteoporosis. I think too much stress and current hectic lifestyle also interferes with calcium absorption due to which even quite young women fall victim to bone problems. Our family doctor recommends dry dates powder boiled in a cup of milk each night as a sure shot means of avoiding osteoporosis after crossing 40.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Besides Dates, nuts, pulses and green veggies except spinach, as usual physical activity like walking will help prevent Osteoporosis.

Yes dates and nuts have a lot of nutrients ...basically an active life with balanced diet should take care of our bones and keep us healthy.However, I have seen even those who have led an active life and have been careful about their diet getting the condition in later years ...One of my aunts had this and she died last year after suffering for many years since she could not walk properly nor could she sit because her bones had become paper thin !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

A single factor like healthy food alone will not prevent the Osteoporosis.If  It is supported either by a morning walk or Yoga., the desired results can be obtained Activity plays a vital role.

Flaxseeds are rich of Omega-3 and Fatty acids and Antioxidant Foods like Pineapple, Cranaberries, Beetroot, Banana etc. are very helpful to fight Osteoprosis. Calcium Pouch once in a week is also important to bones. Balance Diet is also helpful. 

Cutting salt intake, exercise consisting of Squats and curbing Caffeine are the effective ways to fight osteoporosis

Karuna Sapra wrote:

Flaxseeds are rich of Omega-3 and Fatty acids and Antioxidant Foods like Pineapple, Cranaberries, Beetroot, Banana etc. are very helpful to fight Osteoprosis. Calcium Pouch once in a week is also important to bones. Balance Diet is also helpful. 

Fish and sea food especially crabs are a rich source too and of course the others that you have mentioned..I guess a balanced diet is generally essential to keep one fit and healthy...Indian food if taken the right manner is very balanced since it has carbos,proteins ,vitamins and other nutrients in the right proportion..

Weight bearing exercises like lifting weight can help stave off Osteoporosis. This weight bearing exercises should be started early in life. Additionally quitting smoking and  reducing consumption of Caffeine  will help in fighting Osteoporosis.

rambabu wrote:

Weight bearing exercises like lifting weight can help stave off Osteoporosis. This weight bearing exercises should be started early in life. Additionally quitting smoking and  reducing consumption of Caffeine  will help in fighting Osteoporosis.

Yes that's true, however one can even start late if one has not had the opportunity earlier because there are many health  benefits..

http://consumer.healthday.com/encyclopedia/aging-1/misc-aging-news-10/seniors-and-weightlifting-never-too-late-647213.html

Good link. I arranged a home gym where I use Milk Jugs. One full gallon sized of milk weighs 8,5 pounds. And I use stairs once in a day without using Lift. Similarly one can use other household things. I started this at an early stage and continuing still

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.