Partition of India, one of the 10 greatest tragedies in human history.United India was cut in to two pieces, India and Pakistan.

Here is a collection of heart rending and rare photos of the tragedy.

http://www.merepix.com/2013/03/partition-of-india-1947-rare-photos.html

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

These photos describe the most heinous condition or partition days. This is a reminder that religion is the real villain that creates hatred and enmity.  I was too young during partition days. I also came along with parents from Pakistan in 1948. The eye witness account of elders is much more tragic than described in photos. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

These photos describe the most heinous condition or partition days. This is a reminder that religion is the real villain that creates hatred and enmity.  I was too young during partition days. I also came along with parents from Pakistan in 1948. The eye witness account of elders is much more tragic than described in photos. 

Wow, You too suffered ? Who can be a better judge than you and your father to describe the Pain of Partition

rambabu wrote:

Wow, You too suffered ? Who can be a better judge than you and your father to describe the Pain of Partition

I was born in Rawalpindi. I was too small to recollect anything. What I know is only from elders' experience. The partition created very bitter hatred anong different communities. Most of refugees from Pakustan settled in Delhi. Both my father's sisters were widowed conseqently. Now is the time to forget the bitter memories. we need to discard religion- at least its poisonous hatred. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

rambabu wrote:

I was born in Rawalpindi. I was too small to recollect anything. What I know is only from elders' experience. The partition created very bitter hatred anong different communities. Most of refugees from Pakustan settled in Delhi. Both my father's sisters were widowed conseqently. Now is the time to forget the bitter memories. we need to discard religion- at least its poisonous hatred. 

Well said sir. Let's erase the tormenting part and concentrate on religion free life.

Partion of india it's day which shaken the country from inside and till now we got shaken up when we see picture which have been captured that time

bhuyali saroj

Yes. Partition of India is a painful nightmare that remains in every Indian's heart.

Though I have no personal experience regarding partition of India, my parents and guardians were badly impacted by it. I was born after independence but my grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts left their home in Dhaka, now in Bangladesh, shifted to Bihar in India. Even my two older brothers were part of it although they were too young to undergo any pain due to partition. The senior members of my family had a very vivid picture in their mind regarding independence struggle as well as the bitterness created between two communities. My siblings and I felt the loss of their emotional connect with the city and patriarchal home. It's not that my siblings and I never dreamt of visiting Dhaka so that we may get to see our lost home but the dream never materialised into a true plan. Basically, it's a loss forever.      

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Though I have no personal experience regarding partition of India, my parents and guardians were badly impacted by it. I was born after independence but my grandparents, parents, uncles, aunts left their home in Dhaka, now in Bangladesh, shifted to Bihar in India. Even my two older brothers were part of it although they were too young to undergo any pain due to partition. The senior members of my family had a very vivid picture in their mind regarding independence struggle as well as the bitterness created between two communities. My siblings and I felt the loss of their emotional connect with the city and patriarchal home. It's not that my siblings and I never dreamt of visiting Dhaka so that we may get to see our lost home but the dream never materialised into a true plan. Basically, it's a loss forever.      

When you think that because of power hungry politicians an entire population had to pay the price it shows how unimportant human life is for people in power ! It is still happening here and I dont see any great regard for common mans life.The rich and famous get away with murder and anything for that matter !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You are absolutely right! Actually the politicians of the yesteryears and of the present day are basically the same in their attitude towards the mass. They never thought/think what the common people go through.

shampasaid

Politicians  then and now and forever will remain self centered . They never hesitate to stoop down to achieve their interests.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.