Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Although I was born much later in Kolkata our family originally hailed from Jessore.The partition was a madness that proved exorbitantly costly and still proving so generations after after.If it at all worked to anyone's benefit,it did so for a set of selfish, power-hungry gerantocracy whose lust for power completely blinded them. The Bengali literature records moving accounts of this monumental tragedy. In fact the celebrated filmmaker Ritwick Ghatak's works dealt with this cataclysmic event with great authenticity and sensitivity. He was the one who could never reconcile himself accepting this great fraud perpetrated on this nation and had an untimely end turning himself into an alcoholic!

True. Partition was a madness. The effect of this madness let everlasting impressions on the hearts of the people.of both the countries. I read the Book Train to Pakistan written by Khushwant Singh and seen the movie based on this relatively small book, it deals vividly not only political events, but a deep local focus lending a human dimension.

An unforgettable pain that lives forever.

I was born much later like most of us but my great grandfather had sensed it much earlier and decided to shift from Lahore to Kurukshetra in 1930 disposing all unmovable property but the relatives who stayed back there suffered loss of lives and property. My grandfather served irrigation department of UP and settled in Mathura. But the way things turned out for the fulfillment of political ambitions of few power hungry persons supported by ignorant free India movement workers in the hope a clean nation of their own destroyed this country and its people. Those took the power in hands thought they have taken over as kings of the country and behaved like kings and still not out of that mentality.

In fact, they compromised on every stage just to grab the power and still doing so at the cost of pride of this nation. What we got in turn in place of democracy if I use the words of Chinmoy, he once used in his one particular thread "Mobocracy" and hardheaded, stubborn set of politicians at the helm of affairs with ways of monarchy and anarchy. Now, Hardik Patel has joined the Indian politics with intention of spreading the reservation movement to 27 states of India, who will save this nation.    

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree with both you AND Chinmoy. Power hunger politicians are the bane of this country. I wonder if the days of Clean and selfless politics will ever come?

I have blood-curdling,spine-chilling reading experiences of unimaginable cruelty committed on hapless masses by satans of both communities- even pregnant mothers' unborn were disemboweled to the hellish fury and pleasure of those brutes.I believe if Gandhiji's body was taken by Godse,his spirit was spirited away by his own trusted lieutenants who presented him a fait accomplished in the form of their deadly sin by reducing themselves as dirty Power Brokers.I won't name them as there are a few who ridiculously place them next to God,if not above!!

Indeed it is the Power brokers who are responsible for this greatest tragedy. And I believe this malady will continue as long as the Power brokers are in the political scenario.

Even after Independence and partition and the tragedy and human loss that followed the event , we have had a few more such tragedies taking place - after Indira Gandhi was killed and thousands of innocent Sikhs were butchered and burnt alive with active participation of the ruling party , the leaders responsible are free and leading a life of luxury ...The problem with our politicians is that they have become demons caring only about themselves and will do just about anything to hold on to the power that has been given to them ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Politicians of India care more for their interests and for the interests of their family members. After Partition the Partition too this trend continues. Can we ever get rid of this plague known as "Politicians "?

My Grandparents have told me lots of stories about partition. How they came out from that war and saved their life. Its very bad tragedy they have faced. My grandparents were from pakistan. Sometimes there used come tears in my eyes while listening there stories. They are very old, but they still remember what they suffered and saw during partition.

Want to make each day Accountable

Any one who hears about this tragedy are bound to shed tears. Partition is a heart breaking tragedy in the History of India.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.