The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

That is secularism in practice.

Whatever you call it, it's the most amicable way of living in the society. After all of us have to live in a society with harmony.

I tend to believe that this immortal classic had underpinnings of realism as well as fictional elements liberally and creatively employed by its.It is simply and breathtakingly superb that we had someone amidst us who was capable of comprehending the complex, existential issues and treating them with such profundity. 

It is always a great relief if there is somebody to help us in our miseries and hear the outcry of helplessness exploding out from the depths of our heart. Whenever virtues subside and unrighteousness prevails we expect an incarnation to happen to save humanity. Irrespective of whether it happened in the past or not, OR whether it will happen in future or not, a hope and faith on a superhuman savior is a consolation to a helpless mind. It is an inspiration that makes our life moving, expecting the unexpected.

@CM : I believe you have misspelt the word 'immortal'. 

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

"Whenever  there is a decay of Dharma or righteousness, there is exaltation of Adharma or unrighteousness, then I arrive and protect the humanity". This is what Geeta says. This may be a metaphor. But the quote in Geeta proved that it is right. We have seen when such situations come and the very humanity is at stake, a noble soul comes. Martin Luther King to mahatma Gandhi are but two examples.

Now the human race has been on the evolutionary path which may not have been steady, linear one but we have grown rational enough not  to delude ourselves with airy-fairy expectation of a deus ex machina in resolving our existential crises. If there has to be a solution to a problem in our mortal existence,it has got to come from us.As for the role of this immortal epic in our life I have no hesitation that it would continue to inspire millions in this country eternally.

@Ramakrishna It was an unintended incorrect typing of the word I thought of using.A case of malaproprism I suppose!

Thank you said by: rambabu, RAMAKRISHNAN. A

@ Chinmoy

I uphold your views regarding Ramayana's inspiration on the people.. It never ceases.

@ Chinmoy..As for the role of this immortal epic in our life I have no hesitation that it would continue to inspire millions in this country eternally.

As long as people get inspired and move on without making it their life time agenda to use it as a weapon, things would be fine, this is true of all religions! They fail to realise that these scriptures were written at a time ,based on things as they were and their relevance should be seen in that context and not in today's reality ! When people start living in the past is when the  trouble begins!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Usha

The highest ethics of a ruler is embodied in the character of Lord Rama and our degenerating ethical standards are quite reflected in the conduct of politician-rulers with His name! I have Ram Naresh Yadav and the list is endless!!

I agree Chinmoy, I am sure many of our politicians come under the same category as Ram Naresh Yadav of Vypam infame , they have delusions of grandeur while happily looting the country in the name of Ram !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.