Hidden in the heart of the Western Ghats is a picturesque plateau that blooms into a riot of colour only once a year.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/travel/carpe-florem/story-0YgsaSvWQVFAT3pLEypkYP.html

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is very beautiful, much like the Himalayan valley of flowers ...The variety of wild flowers that are there is amazing ! The  Kodai canal hills too come alive once in 12 years with Kurinji flowers which is another amazing sight ~

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

During monsoon in Sahyadri, the entire scenario looks like a painting, painted with vivid and bright colors.

I have been to this Kaas pathaar or plateau and it is simply awesome ! And the amazing thing is that the variety of flowers that bloom change every 12-15 days. If you visit in the middle of October and then at the end of the month, you will find totally different flowers each time. The blue flowers are called "Seetechi asave" meaning "tears of Seeta" and they are insect eating plants.

P1010186 Copy

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I have been to this Kaas pathaar or plateau and it is simply awesome ! And the amazing thing is that the variety of flowers that bloom change every 12-15 days. If you visit in the middle of October and then at the end of the month, you will find totally different flowers each time. The blue flowers are called "Seetechi asave" meaning "tears of Seeta" and they are insect eating plants.

P1010186 Copy

Lucky you are. Obviously, nature's canvas still remaining unspoiled in some regions

Until now at least it is unspoiled but sadly, wide media publicity is bringing thousands of tourists to the plateau on a single day during the flowering season which is destroying the fragile ecosystem of the place. On top  of that, sparse and delayed rainfall has also had an adverse impact on the flowering plants.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Until now at least it is unspoiled but sadly, wide media publicity is bringing thousands of tourists to the plateau on a single day during the flowering season which is destroying the fragile ecosystem of the place. On top  of that, sparse and delayed rainfall has also had an adverse impact on the flowering plants.

Exactly. In the name of Tourism development, exposure to such beautiful places face the danger of getting polluted. I have seen such places under Tourism development AP, irresponsible visitors are plucking the flowers .and spoiling the beauty of these plants and flowers.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It is the same everywhere in India, we have some of the most beautiful and scenic places which remain unspoilt until it becomes popular and the tourism depts develop it.First come the many resorts and then our people who are great at making the place a garbage dump..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Up keeping the sanctity of such beautiful spots is very essential. People also should join hands with the Tourism authorities. I have seen in other heritage spots, how the visitors disfigure the precious heritage. I have also seen, irresponsible visitors engraving on the artistic columns with writings like, "I love you Mona."

A shame. We do not know how to up keep our own treasures of Heritage.

Kaas Valley seems to be very peaceful and beautiful. Writer mentioned some do and donts below the article. The most interesting one is : Please don’t pluck the flowers. They are not souvenirs to bring back to Mumbai.

Exactly. These enchanting flowers are meant for seeing and enjoying.  But on the contrary many visitors pluck the flowers, thereby robbing the beauty of the entire valley.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.