Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

It is very beautiful, much like the Himalayan valley of flowers ...The variety of wild flowers that are there is amazing ! The  Kodai canal hills too come alive once in 12 years with Kurinji flowers which is another amazing sight ~

Uttanchal have flower valley but I am listening first time about this beautiful place. Most of persons like and praise these places but few are who is interested in saving these. Our life style destroying these. 

Very true anil, people are the worst offenders of nature and they go about destroying places that have been so beautifully created by nature !

Nature give us with open hand but we are not respecting it. We have serving this sin.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

It is very beautiful, much like the Himalayan valley of flowers ...The variety of wild flowers that are there is amazing ! The  Kodai canal hills too come alive once in 12 years with Kurinji flowers which is another amazing sight ~

Uttanchal have flower valley but I am listening first time about this beautiful place. Most of persons like and praise these places but few are who is interested in saving these. Our life style destroying these. 

Very true anil, people are the worst offenders of nature and they go about destroying places that have been so beautifully created by nature !

Nature give us with open hand but we are not respecting it. We have serving this sin.

Nature has given all the things needed for the humans' need. But Ungrateful humans out of greed exploit the nature least knowing humans are committing a sin and inviting their own death.

That is nothing new nor will it stop in future. Man is greedy by nature and will remain so in future too. Mother Nature will suffer more and more in coming time.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

That is nothing new nor will it stop in future. Man is greedy by nature and will remain so in future too. Mother Nature will suffer more and more in coming time.

True. Man is so greedy that he will not hesitate to drill a hole in the same platter which the Mother nature has given him food.

suni51 wrote:

There are no boundaries of Man's greed. He will drill a hole in the platter in which Mother nature gave him food.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

True. Man is so greedy that he will not hesitate to drill a hole in the same platter which the Mother nature has given him food.

NB: This post may please be deleted as it is a double posting. It happened unknowingly due to power failure.

@Usha, the Neel kurinji you mentioned sounds like the Karvi flowers that bloom once every seven years in Sahyadi mountains in Maharashtra. these flowers also bloom on the Kaas plateau abundantly but the year that we visited this place was unfortunately not the year for Karvi to bloom. Last these flowers bloomed were in 2013. So we have to wait a few more years to see them now. 

See the link for its photos here:

http://gardentia.net/2014/02/02/maal-karvitopli-karvi/

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Amazing. These flower bloom once in 7 years. So visitors have to calculate the year of blooming of these flower. The link is informative

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

@Usha, the Neel kurinji you mentioned sounds like the Karvi flowers that bloom once every seven years in Sahyadi mountains in Maharashtra. these flowers also bloom on the Kaas plateau abundantly but the year that we visited this place was unfortunately not the year for Karvi to bloom. Last these flowers bloomed were in 2013. So we have to wait a few more years to see them now. 

Lovely flowers Kalyani but Neelakuriji is slightly different , a purplish blue shaded and it grows both in Kodaikanal and Munnar , blooming once in 12 years , the last it bloomed was in 2006 and we got an opportunity to see the flowers at Munnar ..

neela kurinji munnar

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Lovely flowers Kalyani but Neelakuriji is slightly different , a purplish blue shaded and it grows both in Kodaikanal and Munnar , blooming once in 12 years , the last it bloomed was in 2006 and we got an opportunity to see the flowers at Munnar ..

neela kurinji munnar

yes, they do look a bit different although I am sure they must belong to the same family.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.