Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Nice clip. Many recordings of Tagore's Rabindra Sangeet are available but heard The National anthem by him for the first time. The original and the full poetry is of five stanzas of which only the first one is sung as the National Anthem. 

Anyhow. As you said Rabinfranath himeslf singing National anthem is rare. This is what makes the Forums spicy with new information.

It's fascinating. As @Lopamudra wrote that recording of Rabindra Sangeet sung by Tagore is available but this one is a rare recording which is very true and it is truly amazing.

shampasaid

Because of its rarity , the original web link was titled with the prefix " Rare " As I thought this is certainly adds more interest to our members in the forum. 

Great. it was really inspiring to see the poet singing it in his own voice.

On the evening of February 28, 1919, the poet, for the first time, sang the inspiring devotional song and enthralled the college authorities, who selected it as the prayer song.This happened in 1919 in Madanapalle in AP He spent five days at the Theosophical College

Thats a wonderful clip. The anthem was written by ravindranath tagore that everyone know. But the song was sang by him is a rare clip. very thankful for the link

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Thanks of sharing this clip. Till the day I say Rabindra Nath tagore only in still photo. Today I watch him alive.

Such  footage of movies  Inspire the people and create patriotism. Nobel Laureate Ravindranath Tagore sang this National Anthem after visiting Theosophical society in the year 1919. Really very rare footage.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.