The topic is locked.

We see quite a few writers returning their awards just as a protest against the recent killings of rationalists in Maharashtra and Karnataka...6 Kannada writers , Nayan tara Sehgal from the Nehru family, kerala writer Sarah Joseph and a few others ..

These rational writers are behaving in a very irrational and immature manner by doing this.What exactly do they hope to achieve? the awards were given to them by the previous governments and even a lay person like me would never insult anyone who gives me a gift or put down someone who has recognised my contribution. They are insulting the nation by doing this , probably thinking that they would show the present government in a poor light, which will not work.

They no doubt feel threatened by the killings .Narendra Dabholkar was killed in 2013 when UPA was in power and the other two happened during this year..So are the rationalists blaming only the present government?  As far as the general public is concerned, although some of the rationalists' methods and speeches may seem as crude as the extremists but I doubt if anyone would want to cause physical harm to them. Instead of trying to alienate and conduct themselves in a superior manner, if they try to assimilate with the people and gain their understanding,  things would get sorted out and even the hard core elements would probably soften their attitude towards them

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

What I feel such acts are driven by political affiliations and nothing else. Their only intention is to show the present government in low light. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Of course it is politically motivated ...But what they are doing is further alienating themselves from the people of the nation. Writers need the support of the people and they have an equal responsibility to the people and nation as citizens of this country ! If they keep hurling abuse speech after speech at believers how do they expect people to be on their side.In a country of more than 90% believers this cannot happen...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The reason behind  writers returning their award is Dadri lynching incident. Though the cause shown on the surface is one thing and the real motive is to defame Narendra Modi's government. It's not out of the place to mention that Modi's silence on  Dadri lynching incident. However Modi breaks his silence on Dadri lynching incident.

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/pm-modi-breaks-silence-on-dadri-lynching-says-hindus-and-muslims-should-fight-poverty-together-2461040.html

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Sharing a link: http://www.huffingtonpost.in/rajdeep-sardesai/nayantara-sahgal-accepted_b_8255192.html in which the eminent journalist has questioned the award return practice of Nayantara Sahgal as well has sympathised with her too by hitting out at the present government. Here, you get two views.  

shampasaid

Amember has remarked that the awards were given by previous government and so why return now to show disgust agianst the present killingsof rationalists and particularly recent killing on rumour of cow slaughter. It is asked what they intend to achieve. Of course, they can achieve northing. The protest is just symbolic intended to pur some moral pressure.  Governmentis as well as the commubal fascist forces are too strong to be affected by such symbolic protests. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The so called symbolism is nothing but their irrationality because these people never protested when Sikh riots took place nor when many such events took place , which goes to show  their double standards and that they cater to the interest of one political party ..

http://indiafacts.co.in/where-was-nayantara-sahgal-when-india-actually-needed-her/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

When people in the country feel insecure, and see that their freedom is hurt in the name of politics and religious beliefs, and above all the administration is keeping silent, it is natural that they will protest. Writers may have their own principles and politics. They protest symbolically in their own way and I believe that everyone has the right to protest peacefully.  

yeah this is wrong they might do something else but returning the praises and blessing which is inside the awards is totally wrong for someone who is a writer 

bhuyali saroj

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

When people in the country feel insecure, and see that their freedom is hurt in the name of politics and religious beliefs, and above all the administration is keeping silent, it is natural that they will protest. Writers may have their own principles and politics. They protest symbolically in their own way and I believe that everyone has the right to protest peacefully.  

True Ramakrishnan, what you said is perfectly true but it does a serious question as to whether these so-0called intellectuals take their own responsibilities seriously since they are almost always waking up to their 'moral responsibility' only when they feel their self-interests are being threatened and not otherwise. I never see or hear Nayantara Sehgal taking a firm stand like she is doing right when writer Perumal Murugun came under attack for his Madhorubhagan and now he has completely taken retirement as a writer. Where was Sehgal then, she too is a writer and could understand Murugan better than anyone else? Why pick now to return her awards?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is a clear cut attempt to defame the ruling party led by that government which ruled and ruined the country for twenty long years. When the question  what could they achieve arises the protesters know better and they knew it well before their protests that they cannot achieve anything. Because protesting is  the right given by the constitution.  that's why they tried it once.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.