The topic is locked.

We see quite a few writers returning their awards just as a protest against the recent killings of rationalists in Maharashtra and Karnataka...6 Kannada writers , Nayan tara Sehgal from the Nehru family, kerala writer Sarah Joseph and a few others ..

These rational writers are behaving in a very irrational and immature manner by doing this.What exactly do they hope to achieve? the awards were given to them by the previous governments and even a lay person like me would never insult anyone who gives me a gift or put down someone who has recognised my contribution. They are insulting the nation by doing this , probably thinking that they would show the present government in a poor light, which will not work.

They no doubt feel threatened by the killings .Narendra Dabholkar was killed in 2013 when UPA was in power and the other two happened during this year..So are the rationalists blaming only the present government?  As far as the general public is concerned, although some of the rationalists' methods and speeches may seem as crude as the extremists but I doubt if anyone would want to cause physical harm to them. Instead of trying to alienate and conduct themselves in a superior manner, if they try to assimilate with the people and gain their understanding,  things would get sorted out and even the hard core elements would probably soften their attitude towards them

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.