The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The question is surely not one of one's fundamental right to protest which should be defended and protected at all costs and under circumstances especially in an environment which is being vitiated by elements who are out to endanger the rich mosaic of Indianness but the credentials of a duplicitous set of writers whose past conspiratorial silence is comparable to one being practiced by Modi. He is the most garrulous PM India has ever seen but remains mysteriously or deliberately not even monosyllabic in condemning activities of lunatic who are no longer on the fringe but right on the centerstage! I know law and order is a state subject and the least that Modi could have done is by making a bold statement that his government would not tolerate such intolerance. That would have conveyed the right signal.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The so called symbolism is nothing but their irrationality because these people never protested when Sikh riots took place nor when many such events took place , which goes to show  their double standards and that they cater to the interest of one political party ..

http://indiafacts.co.in/where-was-nayantara-sahgal-when-india-actually-needed-her/

Yes today also one person return awards. What happen with it. I don't know but it may possible that some cash also attached with these  rewards. Are they refunding cash? It is only to come in to lime light.

Cash attached to the reward will not be refunded. That cash is meant for the rewardee's pocket . 

Just I read one tweet that out of 10 person who return awards only two person refund cash. Today one person return Padamshree. Situation is not good, government should be resolve issue.
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

The question is surely not one of one's fundamental right to protest which should be defended and protected at all costs and under circumstances especially in an environment which is being vitiated by elements who are out to endanger the rich mosaic of Indianness but the credentials of a duplicitous set of writers whose past conspiratorial silence is comparable to one being practiced by Modi. He is the most garrulous PM India has ever seen but remains mysteriously or deliberately not even monosyllabic in condemning activities of lunatic who are no longer on the fringe but right on the centerstage! I know law and order is a state subject and the least that Modi could have done is by making a bold statement that his government would not tolerate such intolerance. That would have conveyed the right signal.

I totally agree with that ..I hope he does not go the Manmohan way..

In the meantime there is a whole load of fun things being posted on the net some of which is truly hilarious like this one..grinning.png

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Humour-5-more-things-to-be-retunred-in-protest-against-rising-intolerance-in-india/listshow/49324832.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The PM cooperates under extreme pressure and has been forced to issue statements condemning the recent incidents  in Dadri and Mumbai. Too little too late. Could the writer's protest have played a small part in this pressure? One cannot expect writers with leanings towards BJP to surrender their awards. Manmohan Singh spoke less as a matter of his nature unlike present PM who falls into silence when his party members go diabolic.

vijay wrote:

The PM cooperates under extreme pressure and has been forced to issue statements condemning the recent incidents  in Dadri and Mumbai. Too little too late. Could the writer's protest have played a small part in this pressure? One cannot expect writers with leanings towards BJP to surrender their awards. Manmohan Singh spoke less as a matter of his nature unlike present PM who falls into silence when his party members go diabolic.

Statement under pressure is not only too little and too late. This is not even whole hearted. I am tempted to refer to a tactics followed when there is gropup fighting. The younger ones are encouraged to fight against the opponents. But the elders when confronted pay a lip service to harmony and advise the younger to keep calm. Everyone however knows that this advice is only formal.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You have put it very aptly. Also implied in this is the fact that they consider the people to be fools not to understand. Their backers want now the antecedents of the protesting writers to be gone into. A narrow agenda can never lead to broad gains.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Today I read a column in news paper about it. Writer wrote that it is not fair to return awards. He wrote that government may be change after 5 years. Accedmy is an independent body. These awards was given for the their writing. How can they degrade their writing by returning awards.

What is the reaction of union minister!  He says- Let them stop writing. Then we shall see.  This is what therulimg circles want. It is writers who express peoples's aspirations.  Today- say Let ehem not write. Romorrow say- Let poets not compose poems. Let editors and correspondents not report. Is this not huidden fascist agends! 

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/let-writers-stop-writing-then-we-will-see-culture-minister-mahesh-sharma/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

usha manohar wrote:
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

I totally agree with that ..I hope he does not go the Manmohan way..

In the meantime there is a whole load of fun things being posted on the net some of which is truly hilarious like this one..grinning.png

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Humour-5-more-things-to-be-retunred-in-protest-against-rising-intolerance-in-india/listshow/49324832.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

Hilarious all the way. Especially Maywati returning her MPs. T here are no MPs currently, Indian cricket team its ODI rankings and Pakistan decided to PoK.

There have been many views coming out of ministers , general public , opposition parties and of course some of the writers themselves who feel that the whole exercise of returning the awards is nothing but a political manipulation backed by the grand old party which never misses an opportunity forgetting that worse atrocities have taken place during their rule...However, may be this is a culmination point taking all the past deeds into account , the writers may want the attack on freedom of expression ( which saw its peak during emergency ) to stop..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.