Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Even I to collected stamps of different countries and even of India in my exam holidays. Once I became busy with my studiies I couldn't continue it any more

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Then t was not a hobby but time pass !

rambabu wrote:

No wonder. Seeing the old collected stamps will take you down the memory lane. Though I'm not a stamp collector, i have a few Currency notes belonging to British regime. These notes were given to me by my grand father with love. Though I do not remember the British India, I certainly remember my Grand father's love. He was the one who pruned my name Rama Mohan Rao to Rambabu which afterward remained. Such things flood me whenever I see those currency notes by my Grand father.

Every things which is given to by our elders are always important for us. Value is not important. I have single bed which is gifted by grand father ( maternal) to my mother in her marriage. My family member want to sell it but I am not agree. Like this I have more items which are in my house since my birth. These are not much useful but important for me.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

No wonder. Seeing the old collected stamps will take you down the memory lane. Though I'm not a stamp collector, i have a few Currency notes belonging to British regime. These notes were given to me by my grand father with love. Though I do not remember the British India, I certainly remember my Grand father's love. He was the one who pruned my name Rama Mohan Rao to Rambabu which afterward remained. Such things flood me whenever I see those currency notes by my Grand father.

Every things which is given to by our elders are always important for us. Value is not important. I have single bed which is gifted by grand father ( maternal) to my mother in her marriage. My family member want to sell it but I am not agree. Like this I have more items which are in my house since my birth. These are not much useful but important for me.

Personally I never like to sell any old furniture because I feel it becomes even more beautiful with age .And when you have emotions attached to it, it becomes even more precious, you must hold on to the cot and make your family see reason behind your wish !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

True Anil. There is an old time watch with its pendulum, which makes noise. Especially during nights, its noise disrupts sleep. My new generation children want me to dispose of this wall clock And they even  presented electronic clocks to me. I received them but I retained my old wall clock. It is still there.

yeah its good to have some award in your hobby, most of us as that hobby to collect stamp of different types which differ from one and another 

bhuyali saroj

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

True Anil. There is an old time watch with its pendulum, which makes noise. Especially during nights, its noise disrupts sleep. My new generation children want me to dispose of this wall clock And they even  presented electronic clocks to me. I received them but I retained my old wall clock. It is still there.

It is the opposite in my own house, my children are even more particular about preserving old stuff.There is a very old grinding stone that must be a hundred years old belonging to my grand mother which is huge and it occupies a lot of space in the kitchen and I wanted to get rid of it quite reluctantly, but my children wanted to keep it because it looks 'Grand' and now we have put it in the garage making a special place for it ! In fact when my son is here he gets all sorts of old things from my ancestral home, the ones that are piled up in the attic and not being used and gets them cleaned, polished..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

True Anil. There is an old time watch with its pendulum, which makes noise. Especially during nights, its noise disrupts sleep. My new generation children want me to dispose of this wall clock And they even  presented electronic clocks to me. I received them but I retained my old wall clock. It is still the

It is the opposite in my own house, my children are even more particular about preserving old stuff.There is a very old grinding stone that must be a hundred years old belonging to my grand mother which is huge and it occupies a lot of space in the kitchen and I wanted to get rid of it quite reluctantly, but my children wanted to keep it because it looks 'Grand' and now we have put it in the garage making a special place for it ! In fact when my son is here he gets all sorts of old things from my ancestral home, the ones that are piled up in the attic and not being used and gets them cleaned, polished..

Same here also my younger brother use to do the same thing. He is also very fond of colorful stones, the aquarium stones makes him more happy. Now he maked his hobby to collect stones of different types and colors  

bhuyali saroj

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

This reminds me my own Grinding stone, which I brought from Rourkela, Odisha when i got a job in Vizag steel plant. This was vehemently opposed by my children and wife. Owing to the pressure from all sides i had to yield. Now this Grinding stone is lying in the cellar of my flat. Some times it happens. it's only recently i brought back and kept it in my Attic. My only consolation was at least I can see it every day.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.