The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Hi Swetha, good to see you around after a long time , That looks very colorful...by the way what does gaaru mean ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Hello Usha Gaaru,

Nice to be around! I cannot forget people like you!

Well, 'gaaru' is the Telugu form of suffix 'ji' 

I feel odd to address you as Usha ji, Hence i address you with suffix 'gaaru' 

It is just a form of respect to elders. I don't mean to be rude and call you just Usha or Mrs Usha.... :) 

I hope you get it!

Swetha Shenoy
Swetha Shenoy wrote:

Hello Usha Gaaru,

It is just a form of respect to elders. I don't mean to be rude and call you just Usha or Mrs Usha.... :) 

I hope you get it!

You can call me Usha like everyone else here does , no problem and I will not consider it rude for sure ...age is afterall a personal matter !plus1.png

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@ Swetha

In Telangana Batukamma festival is officially celebrated. It is also called as Engili Pula Bathukamma. It falls on the first day of Mahalaya Amavasya also called as Pethara Amavsya in Telangana region. A colorful floral festival indeed.

rambabu wrote:

@ Swetha

In Telangana Batukamma festival is officially celebrated. It is also called as Engili Pula Bathukamma. It falls on the first day of Mahalaya Amavasya also called as Pethara Amavsya in Telangana region. A colorful floral festival indeed.

Thank you Rambabu gaaru for the addition of information

I must say, this festival definitely put a place on the map! 

Swetha Shenoy
usha manohar wrote:
Swetha Shenoy wrote:

Hello Usha Gaaru,

I hope you get it!

You can call me Usha like everyone else here does , no problem and I will not consider it rude for sure ...age is afterall a personal matter !plus1.png

Thank you Usha! Being used to calling everyone with a suffix (out of respect), I shall try calling you by your name itself!!!

Swetha Shenoy

Even In AP also they celebrate Navaratri by keeping stalls for goddess and everyday they decorate her according to the avathara on that day.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Even In AP also they celebrate Navaratri by keeping stalls for goddess and everyday they decorate her according to the avathara on that day.

(Don't Take me wrong, as My reply got published twice due to the internet problem)

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

@ Swetha

Now i take this opportunity to say Respect on elders will never be reduced by removing a suffix like " Gaaru " Its rather shows camaraderie between the members of this community

In the same count, you can drop that suffix " Garu" after my name. You can call me as Rambabu or simply Babu.

rambabu wrote:

@ Swetha

Now i take this opportunity to say Respect on elders will never be reduced by removing a suffix like " Gaaru " Its rather shows camaraderie between the members of this community

In the same count, you can drop that suffix " Garu" after my name. You can call me as Rambabu or simply Babu.

Well, Rambabu gaaru

It is quiet hard for a person like me not to address someone with more respect with suffix like ji or gaaru. This is so because of the continual habit since childhood and the fact that we are truly Indian at heart! 

It may take some time for me to address you by your name, please donot mind!

Swetha Shenoy
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.