The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The fervour of Durga Pooja is captured beautifully in the movie 'Kahani' starring Vidya Balan and shot in Kolkatta. Greetings to all.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Hello @Kalyani, I am a Bengali but born and brought up in Bihar. I got married to a Bengali of Kolkata and my base shifted there from Patna. At present or to be specific for the last thirteen years I am in Delhi due to my husband's posting. I do enjoy Durga Puja here and within the pandal it is similar to the pujas of Bengal. The same was the case in Patna. Now, I miss the rest of the family, friends and that special feeling of the festival available at every corner of Bengal. I once attended Durga Puja in Mumbai and you know, once you step inside the pandal, the fervour is same. Though I don't love pandal hopping, I enjoy sitting and chatting with dear ones at any pandal. In Bengal there is a lot of variety in idols, pandals and lighting which are the x-factors of Durga Puja. Loved to know about you from your post. I too very particularly attend Ashtami puja in the morning and offer pushpanjali to Maa Durga. May the Goddess shower her blessings on you and your loved ones!

Yes Shampa, I agree. The fervour inside the pandals might be the same but it is a totally different thing to have all your relatives and friends with you during the special festivities such as these! After all, festivals is all about being with your loved ones and doing all those things amongst your own people.

@Usha, from what I have heard from my friends, Durga Puja is the time that one must be in Kolkata and it is one of my dreams to visit Kolkata only during these days.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:

Once long back we were passing through Dibrugarh  Railway station during the durga pooja season on our way to Jamshedpur. Even there one could sense the festive feeling...I am sure Calcutta would be a truly great experience during the Pooja season !

Yes, it is. It starts more than a month in advance actually. Right from pre-planning to puja shopping, practicing for cultural programmes in the Pujas held in almost every street or 'para' as called in Bengali and then getting totally involved in the final five days of Puja rituals,pandal hopping,getting together with friends/ relatives and full on celebrations, it is an amazing experience altogether, here in Kolkata.

Lopamudra wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Once long back we were passing through Dibrugarh  Railway station during the durga pooja season on our way to Jamshedpur. Even there one could sense the festive feeling...I am sure Calcutta would be a truly great experience during the Pooja season !

Yes, it is. It starts more than a month in advance actually. Right from pre-planning to puja shopping, practicing for cultural programmes in the Pujas held in almost every street or 'para' as called in Bengali and then getting totally involved in the final five days of Puja rituals,pandal hopping,getting together with friends/ relatives and full on celebrations, it is an amazing experience altogether, here in Kolkata.

Oh so you are from Kolkata too! THat is wonderful!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Lopamudra wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Oh so you are from Kolkata too! THat is wonderful!

Yes Kalyani, I am and although I have stayed in different places depending on where my husband is located, during Pujas we try and drop in here, as do many other cousins and friends staying outside Kolkata. It is like a big reunion time.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
rambabu wrote:

Bathukamma is the floral festival of Telengana state, This festival falls on Mahalaya Amavasya. This festival is celebrated by the Hindu women of Telangana state. Starting from today Bathukamma festivities last for 9 days

Festival of Telengana or Andhra Prasesh. Earlier Telengana was part of Andhra Pradesh. Do Navratra is not celebrated here in Telengana? 

@Kalyani Yes, you are right. Even for having a nice 'gup-sup' we need our dear ones with us. All my favourites stay in Kolkata so when I am away from them during Durga Puja then I miss them tremendously 

shampasaid

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Bathukamma is the floral festival of Telengana state, This festival falls on Mahalaya Amavasya. This festival is celebrated by the Hindu women of Telangana state. Starting from today Bathukamma festivities last for 9 days

Festival of Telengana or Andhra Prasesh. Earlier Telengana was part of Andhra Pradesh. Do Navratra is not celebrated here in Telengana? 

Navaratri is also celebrated in Telangana. But Bathukamma festival is exclusively for Women.  Yes,Earlier Telangana was a part of Andhrapradesh. After the bifurcation, Telangana has become another state and Andhra another.

First of all Happy Navratri to all, Navrarti is celbrated in India with great joy and happiness. Navratri is not only the dancing festival but it ties all of us in a single node and make a strong circle. Hope you all enjoying this navratri and Maa Durga brings all the happiness to u and ur family.

Luv Chouhan wrote:

First of all Happy Navratri to all, Navrarti is celbrated in India with great joy and happiness. Navratri is not only the dancing festival but it ties all of us in a single node and make a strong circle. Hope you all enjoying this navratri and Maa Durga brings all the happiness to u and ur family.

Thanks a lot for the Navratri greetings , it is indeed a happy occasion for all with school holidays and celebrations etc..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.