Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I was 95 kgs in year 2014 and now after 1 and half year, since i am in pune, i have lost 25 kgs. I weigh 70 kgs now. I have lost weight because of eating and physical habits. I play tennis on regular basis and eat consistently. Yes, i have reduce daily consumption of food. But main reason for losing weight is my consistent eating habits. I eat 2 chapatis and have stop drinking sugary drinks like Pepsi, coke. 

Want to make each day Accountable

Food habits play a vital role in keeping your body in an healthy or unhealthy condition. My weight remained 68 kgs for the last  one decade. I eat mostly vegetarian stuff like veggies and pulses though I'm a non vegetarian. Additionally I'm a regular Yoga practitioner,.I always indulge in some kind or other activities. 

When people put on lots of weight, they start taking tension, as to how they will lose weight. But, once you start doing physical exercise and having control diet, things become easy. For me, i didn't knew how i lose 25 kgs. It was not possible for me to lose before coming to FLAME, pune - my college. I tried hard but somehow i was unable to lose, because of my home cooked food - so as i think.

But, after coming here and having hostel food, things started changing. Its not that i don't like canteen food, but somehow i stop eating. Instead of 4 chapatis which i used to eat at home, i reduced it to 2 chapatis. I controlled my diet. I never planned to do it, but somehow it happened. I have also portioned my diet into 4 parts. I also think eating food at regular timing has also help me.

I take

breakfast in morning from 8:30 am to 9:00 am,

lunch at 1:00 pm,

snacks at 5:00 pm in evening and

dinner at 8:00 pm.

So, i want to tell all of them, who want to lose weight. Start reducing your diet, if you are eating too much. Start doing some exercise or play any sport.  Start taking Fruits fast i.e eat only fruits for one day. You will see glow in your face and things will start affecting your body and you will start reducing your weight 

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

That is so true and exactly what our parents, grandparents and family doctor has been telling us always. Moderation is the best way to maintain our health and well being.

In most of the South Indian homes they believe in stuffing your plate with food, some people are very careful while serving food. In my own ancestral house , my granny and my aunts would serve just a spoonful of rice at a time and more if one wanted , some of the relatives would feel that they were being miserly ! But, on looking back , I feel that it is better to be frugal rather than generous in helpings if you have to stay fit and healthy.. 

It is actually a matter of pride and honor for ladies to insist family and guests to eat more food, it is considered as a mark of love and caring. But thankful;ly, now these ladies are waking up to reality that they should let others decide on how much to eat rather than force feeding and smothering them with food. MY mother too used to do that to us at one point. LOL:)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

My mother still feed me a lot when i am at home. She keeps on feeding even when my stomach gets full. As said, this is the way of showing love. 

But people should understand, we should eat food to live, not live to eat. 

At one time Guest used to be treated like a god and strictly follow the adage " Atithi Devo Bhava " A guest used to be treated with a sumptuous meal. with love and care. Here there used to be a kind of force feeding. But with changing times and life styles, the norm too had undergone a drastic  change. Sure, the guest will be served a tasty food but will be allowed to pick his own items that suits him.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

That is so true and exactly what our parents, grandparents and family doctor has been telling us always. Moderation is the best way to maintain our health and well being.

In most of the South Indian homes they believe in stuffing your plate with food, some people are very careful while serving food. In my own ancestral house , my granny and my aunts would serve just a spoonful of rice at a time and more if one wanted , some of the relatives would feel that they were being miserly ! But, on looking back , I feel that it is better to be frugal rather than generous in helpings if you have to stay fit and healthy.. 

It is actually a matter of pride and honor for ladies to insist family and guests to eat more food, it is considered as a mark of love and caring. But thankful;ly, now these ladies are waking up to reality that they should let others decide on how much to eat rather than force feeding and smothering them with food. MY mother too used to do that to us at one point. LOL:)

My mother still does that when I visit her especially with butter and home made ghee LOL.. I have always  loved both inspite of knowing how damaging they can be if taken in excess !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I read in one news paper that olive oil is also helpful in reducing weight. If add 3 to 4 drop of olive oil in curd and eat it we will have not any desire to eat any more.

Quite an interesting fact about the combination of olive oil and curd for reducing weight. I Practice yoga to control my weight.

rambabu wrote:

Quite an interesting fact about the combination of olive oil and curd for reducing weight. I Practice yoga to control my weight.

Yes yoga is much effective. I am also doing Pranayam only for 10 minutes and my weight is under control. If some one practice Pranayam for 30 minutes everyday, he/she will not need any medicine whole life.

Thank you said by: rambabu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.