Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

It is difficult to choose one best dish from a state like Karnataka because it has many different communities and variety of food ! The Udipi and Mangalore cuisine is totally different, so also Kodava and North Karnataka cuisine. The list has been made with what the blog creator thought was the best dish from each state..

True Usha, the list is just made from the viewpoint of the author what she liked best from each state. It will change according to a person's own taste and preference. Each state in India has its own fare which varies from village to village, district to district. Similar to Karnataka, Maharashtra too has very very different dishes from place to place, West Maharashtra cuisine is very different from the coastal belt and Central Maharashtra. People close to coastal areas make more use of dried and fresh coconut, as we go inwards towards Deccan plateaus, more peanuts and sesame seeds are used. Taste too differs a lot! So on and so forth.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

My native place is Kerala. In our states there are some special food for each religion. They make these dishes for important functions and festivals. A special kind of aappam by adding yeast is the special dishes of Christians. Muslims make pattiri for their festivals and special occasions. Hindu people treat their guest by serving puttu with plantains and kadala curry. All these dishes are very tasty and delicious. I am a Christian but usually I make all these dishes once in a week for our breakfast because in our family everybody like three of these dishes very much. People always like variety food. Nobody like to eat the same types of food everyday. At the same-time I always prepare the food of other states of our country.

Yes, you are right, old generation also like tasty food. But usually like to make traditional food and most of them are not familiar with new variety of dishes. My parents and grandparents do not like to eat some kinds of special dishes which are available from famous hotels. The flavor of these dishes are totally different from traditional food because special kinds of masalas are used for making these dishes. But these types of dishes are the favorite of my children. 

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

It is difficult to choose one best dish from a state like Karnataka because it has many different communities and variety of food ! The Udipi and Mangalore cuisine is totally different, so also Kodava and North Karnataka cuisine. The list has been made with what the blog creator thought was the best dish from each state..

True Usha, the list is just made from the viewpoint of the author what she liked best from each state. It will change according to a person's own taste and preference. Each state in India has its own fare which varies from village to village, district to district. Similar to Karnataka, Maharashtra too has very very different dishes from place to place, West Maharashtra cuisine is very different from the coastal belt and Central Maharashtra. People close to coastal areas make more use of dried and fresh coconut, as we go inwards towards Deccan plateaus, more peanuts and sesame seeds are used. Taste too differs a lot! So on and so forth.

Yes very true Kalyani ! It is also amazing that we have such a wide variety of dishes in our country , probably nowhere else in the world would there be such a wide variety to choose from !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Best dish for us dish which we like. It may be differ for person to person. Most on Indian states have different communities and their dishes are also different. 

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Best dish for us dish which we like. It may be differ for person to person. Most on Indian states have different communities and their dishes are also different. 

True.The list of Best foods is made on the basis of popular dishes in a State. The list need not be the Ultimate. In my state, AP, popular dishes vary from region to region. They are quite different in Hyderabad which are Islamic tastes like Biryani and DumPukht.In the very next region,the delicacies are different.In Coastal regions, most of the foods are Fish based.

Bengal does not have only fish dishes but there are many delicious veg dishes too. So, just naming one is basically putting a limit to our variety of dishes available in the whole country. What I felt good about this write-up is that I came to know about dishes of other states.

shampasaid

There are many delicious vegetarian dishes like Shukto, Mishti Pulao, Chhoto aloor dum to name a few. Yes Bengali food is not just restricted Fish foods. I lived in Bengal as well as Odisha, where I tasted these foods.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.