Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
MG Singh wrote:

Personally I dont believe in a perfect age for marriage. One can marry at any age 30,40 50  or even later. 

Marriage is a personal thing. If one feels, its convenient, let it be so This varies from individual to individual.

Male can marry at the age of 21 and female can marry when she reaches 18. But today, people do not like to marry earlier. They give more importance to education. According to them, education is the best way to get good job and to earn income for running a family. So they all like to marry after getting a good job.

Self reliance is a must, so that after marriage one should not become burden to to their respective families. Otherwise, more problems will crop up leading to wrecked marriages.

Jincy Aby wrote:

Male can marry at the age of 21 and female can marry when she reaches 18. But today, people do not like to marry earlier. They give more importance to education. According to them, education is the best way to get good job and to earn income for running a family. So they all like to marry after getting a good job.

Financial stability is no doubt a must before getting married but the concept is changing now with both the boy and the girl working and sometimes the girl is working while the boy is pursuing his higher studies or in a few rare cases even unemployed. However, it depends on individual preferences...These days many couple are going in for live in relationships as well which further pushes the marriageable age higher !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

Financial stability is no doubt a must before getting married but the concept is changing now with both the boy and the girl working and sometimes the girl is working while the boy is pursuing his higher studies or in a few rare cases even unemployed. However, it depends on individual preferences...These days many couple are going in for live in relationships as well which further pushes the marriageable age higher !

True...financial stability is also now a major influencing factor nowadays when marriage is considered. Along with boys, even girls now want to be financially secure and stable before getting into wedlock. Perhaps it is because now more girls are taking sole responsibility of their parents seeing that most families are now nuclear ones.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

@ Kalyani I agree that lifestyle and demands of the society one lives in plays a dominant part in deciding the age at which children get married and since arranged marriages are still very much a part of it , parents have more say than the children. But things are slowly changing ..

@anil, rambabu ,  I agree that in large and even small cities 25 or even 30 is not a great age since it takes that long for both boys and girls to get settled in their career and stabilise before they think of getting married.

I heard a case of a girl who escaped from her village in the state of Maharashtra to avoid child marriage. An NGO helped her. The girl wanted to study and do a job.

It is fact that to stop child marriage awareness in increasing. In many case Rajasthan girls contact with government authority to stop her marriage. government also made rule that printer before printing marriage card get proof of age to assured that girl and boy both are adult.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

@ Kalyani I agree that lifestyle and demands of the society one lives in plays a dominant part in deciding the age at which children get married and since arranged marriages are still very much a part of it , parents have more say than the children. But things are slowly changing ..

@anil, rambabu ,  I agree that in large and even small cities 25 or even 30 is not a great age since it takes that long for both boys and girls to get settled in their career and stabilise before they think of getting married.

I heard a case of a girl who escaped from her village in the state of Maharashtra to avoid child marriage. An NGO helped her. The girl wanted to study and do a job.

It is fact that to stop child marriage awareness in increasing. In many case Rajasthan girls contact with government authority to stop her marriage. government also made rule that printer before printing marriage card get proof of age to assured that girl and boy both are adult.

This is a great step taken by the Government of Rajasthan. Now it is clear that Government is bent on to curb the child marriages.

I was working before I got married and left the job as my base shifted to another city. Though my husband encouraged me to take up a job I did not agree. A new environment and a new surrounding, a joint family where I was a daughter-in-law who I knew will be adjudged after each and every step so always felt a little restricted. Now, the time has passed for getting into any job or so and that's why I am into freelancing but it's yet to become a mega event of my life. Maybe it won't be that big any day! Although I must admit I am not facing any financial crunch because of having a very considerate husband. Still I think financial stability should be of first and foremost importance and then comes marriage.

shampasaid

Personally I feel that women should be financially independent regardless of their marital status...It does not matter how wealthy or well to do your husband is because a job , however small gives you an identity and a certain status which is all your own, besides making you confident.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

@usha manohar I entirely agree with you. I can judge this situation very well through my own example. Sometimes income is not that huge but still there is a satisfaction of satisfying your own identity as well as that some expenditures can easily be met through one's income which gives immense pleasure. I was stuck in such a confusion that my decision went wrong for my own identity. As a wife I have nothing to complain but as an educated lady I really feel I have not made justice to myself.  

shampasaid

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.