Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Are you sure that the said couple married to slog in the Orphanage?   No, because the couple intended to work together in each others company. Additionally, more than anything, they wanted  to work for a noble cause to help the society, which was their common interest. Because, they could not have children, they wanted to  treat all those children left or thrown in the garbage bins, as their own.

rambabu wrote:

Marriage at  50 years ? No, Marrying another woman of the same age is Ok. It reminds more of companionship than marriage. I have seen such late marriages mostly when both of them or one of them  is a widower.

One may marry at any age. But when we talk of ideal marriage age, we don't have to consider exceptional cases of marriage at such advanced age. Some may marry even at ninety. But in most cases, ideal age is between twenty five to thirty. Apart from age, career and education get priority. One must first complete education and stabilize in job. This may take one to 30 years and in some cases even thirty five. But any way, fifty is too much. That means that half the life has already expired. I suggest that one need not marry at fifty or more. Simple companionship or live in relation will suffice.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I firmly believe marriage is a very personal decision. Marriage at any ripe age is their choice but sometimes I find people getting married three to four times irrespective of age factor then it really bothers me. I wish to question them that how do they rate the institution of marriage. Even I believe that marriage has nothing to do with having a child. A couple blessed with a child is a blessing from God but having a child cannot be mandatory and can't be made the sole reason to get married. 

shampasaid

Whereas earlier the only aim of marriage was to procreate under the watchful eyes of the elders since marriages were arranged, age was an important factor. However with changed scenario , now people prefer to treat marriage as romantic companionship or for some security. So, the ideal age too has changed. We see more girls opting to get married only if and when they want to , the same goes for the young men. There are also many cases of couple getting married in their late thirties or even later...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The trouble what I felt while handling my toddler in mid thirties cannot be the same with other ladies of the same age. There are ladies with full of zeal and wonderful health who would never find it difficult to manage a little kid. I had health issues and quite naturally my energy level was quite less. Earlier I wrote about the monetary factor related to the completion of child's education is certainly an issue to ponder upon for us and people like us who have a fixed income and also a retirement age but those who have a huge income and no retirement age , they will not be bothered about the settlement. Thus, it varies from person to person and the choice be left to them. I was extremely happy with my decision of getting married late but felt little taxing when I became a mother due to health otherwise I don't have any repentance for my late marriage. It helped me to understand my spouse better, I knew how to control my expectations as well as never had that dreamy kind of imagination regarding the romance in our married life which are very essential qualities to remain together blissfully.    

shampasaid

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Now,  the scenario is changed. People are getting married as and when they like. This change can be seen even in remote rural regions, brushing away all those earlier norms pertaining to ideal age for marriage. Things will not remain same forever.

Earlier daughters were not consulted about their marriage and in many families even sons were not consulted but now the whole concept of marriage has changed. It will change further with the spread of education that which enhances more and more awareness. One factor regarding marriage has to be respected and that is the decision of the person, daughter and son, who is to get married must be given all the importance. If it is denied then marriages will not remain a very happy event anymore.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Earlier daughters were not consulted about their marriage and in many families even sons were not consulted but now the whole concept of marriage has changed. It will change further with the spread of education that which enhances more and more awareness. One factor regarding marriage has to be respected and that is the decision of the person, daughter and son, who is to get married must be given all the importance. If it is denied then marriages will not remain a very happy event anymore.

it is only is urban and sub urban area. In rural area marriage are still decided by the elders. Boys and girls are not consulted for their marriage ever before marriage boy and girl  see each other.

Even educated families , especially business oriented families go through marriage of convenience...We have seen a couple of those high profile marriages break up within a short period of time ! But among most Indian middle class families, the stress is on finding a boy/girl for their children.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@anil I know that whenever I make a point I do it on the basis of such a society where I live. For me it is very difficult to opine according to rural areas. I know that rural areas are way behind but as I have never been to a village my observation regarding it is based on books and datas. That's why I refrain from discussing according to rural way of living.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.